“French in the City”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Pyrenees

Cafe Pyrenees
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Pyrenees is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 93 Restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 137 and 21
Libertyville, Illinois
“French in the City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Cute restaurant with amazingly good french food. Try it!

Visited September 2011

Racine
“Keep driving”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

Not a fan...started off with an extremely rude waiter. He wasn't American, I couldn't tell where he was from, he had a thick accent but it was hard to distinguish. We started off by ordering drinks which we waited an exceptionally long time for. The martinis were very good however (at least that's what my date said, I don't drink so I can't attest to this one way or another). We both enjoy eating good food, and from the reviews I'd read on Google, I was looking forward to dinner. I was not impressed at first glance at the menu, it really lacked identity. Amongst the odd selections on the appetizer portion were duck quesadillas and ahi tuna with capers. We ended up selecting Scallops Provencale. While the dish wasn't bad per say, it wasn't something I'd ever eat again. After we finished eating our appetizers the waiter returned and said "you order now". At that juncture, we requested our bill and ended up going down the street to 545 North in Libertyville. Based on the weird menu and the rude/unwelcoming service, I definitely won't be returning. On a positive note, we did have a pretty good meal at 545 North.

Visited May 2012
Lake Villa, Illinois
“Great restraurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

We have been to this restaurant many times and have always had excellent food and service. The price is also very reasonable and the wine selection is very good.
We highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2012
Chicago, IL
“Not for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

dark atmosphere, ordinary service, average wines, below par food selections, just not my taste but they do seem to have a following

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Jimzorba
Aiken, South Carolina
“Good Wine & Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

The owners make your feel welcome and try to ensure a nice dinner event. The food is good but not outstanding. A better head chef would make this restaurant a top choice in the Libertyville area.

• Visited January 2012