“This place has got it!”
Review of Red Bull Grill - CLOSED

Red Bull Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Well I have got to say, the restaurant is tucked away location wise for a reason, this is all FRESH food! I havent had better burgers anywhere, its perfectly made, mouthwatering, and all of the additional toppins were top of the line. I like that the specials are truly specials, for a restaurant that mainly has Burgers, salads, wraps, hot dogs, and italian beefs to name a few, when the specials range from skirt steak sandwich to a melted cheddar on chicken pita, to a salmon sandwich, its just great quality food. The restaurant is owned by a chef with obvious experience in the food industry and I like that theres two plasma screen TVs to watch as well, plus they are nice enough to change the channels to what we would like. Thats quality service! Everyone should check this hidden gem out, and spread the word that there truly is good food still out there! The only reason Im hitting low on the bar scene category is they dont serve alcohol. Which they honestly.dont need to.

There are newer reviews for Red Bull Grill

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Decided to eat at Red Bull Grill after reading several positive reviews on Yelp. My wife had the "Tasty Cheddar Burger" and I had the "Southwestern Burger." The burgers and fries were very tasty and we don't really have any big complaints, but they would have been better if better attention was paid to the details, which is some ways the story of the restaurant. For instance, the menu indicated that my burger had jalopenos in it, but it was really giardiniera, which has an olive oil base and it detracted from the qualtiy of the sandwich. My wife's burger had canned mushrooms and an unmentioned horseradish sauce. Although the horseradish made the sandwich better, it would have been nice to know about it in advance.

The restaurant appears to suffer from a lack of professional management that shows itself in the small things as mentioned earlier. The biggest item is the cleanliness and tidiness of the dining area. They spent a fair amount of money to make this area appealing with nice tables, flat screen TVs and other appointments, but they are failing to maintain the facility. The flap on the trash receptacle that you push open to deposit your trash was covered in grease and very unattractive. Several of the flourescent ceiling lights were missing the their covers leaving the bare bulbs exposed and the area behind the order taking area had all kinds of items strewn about it, e.g. purses, notebooks, etc. I'm sure some of this sounds nit picky, but it indicates that the manager/owner doesn't really focus on the customer experience and is inconsistent with the overall atmosphere they seemed to have been trying to achieve. (I've eaten in a lot of places that looked worse and not thought twice about it because they didn't position themselves as any different.)
I hope they can clean up the details. Until they do, if I return, it will be to pick up "to go" food and I will get a standard cheeseburger to avoid the mushrooms and giardiniera.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Let it be known that I am a Hamburger junkie. I have traveled the world and most of the U.S. and I will tell you that I haven't had a better hamburger and fries from top to bottom, anywhere. I had a burger called the Eggcellent Burger...fried egg, bacon, cheese, bleu cheese, chipotle mayo, lettuce and tomato, it was soooo amazing. I've had eggs on hamburgers before, but nothing like this, everything was fresh and lovingly made from the fresh steamed bun to to the perfectly grilled burger that was slightly rare. Perfection. The fries were hot and crisp and freshly blanched and perfectly salted, just right. I'm telling you my days at 5 guys and Tom and Eddie's are over (going to those places, they aren't always consistent). RedBull Grill is made by the same chef burgermaster every day...offering nothing but consistency. I was hooked and in love with this burger and place at first bite! Find this place!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was unexpected. We decided to go and grab a burger as I was giving up red meat for Lent. We are fairly close to Hackney's and Tom and Eddie's, who both make a good burger, but I remembered driving past this place and figured we should check it out.

Clean, simple decor. The menu consist of a few specialty burgers, beef sandwiches, salads, drinks, sides and they do specials (talapia, shrimp, etc.). I ordered a Patty Melt on a wheat bun as I don't really get into rye bread much. We sat and waited, and in a few short minutes, or order was ready at the counter.

Upon first gaze, it looked great. A good size burger, everything fresh and handcut french fries.

I took my first bite and continued to say, "Wow" for the next 15 minutes while I ate. Super juicy, cooked to perfection. The cheese is not your generic American cheese slice. It reminded me of the amazing Sharp American cheese from another amazing burger in Indiana. The onions were grilled, but not burnt. The bun was soft and soo fresh. This was truly one of the best burgers I have ever had in my life. Better than Tom & Eddie's AND Hackney's. Better than Five Guys. I'm telling you- this is the real deal.

Fries were perfection. Crisp, fresh, hand cut with sea salt. Delicious!!!

The location is in a small strip mall, located across the street from the Libertyville Sports Complex. If you are staying at the hotels nearby (one is practically in the same parking lot) you can't miss it. You have a choice of Wendy's or this as far as food. I promise, you will be so happy you tried this place.

1  Thank Natashan76