“Improved for the better”
Review of Baker's Square

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Baker's Square
Ranked #3 of 8 Bakeries in Libertyville
Cuisines: American
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Improved for the better”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've eaten here a few times over the years. Known for its pies, Baker's Square also serves ample breakfasts. The last time I ate there, I had their "Four Square" breakfast--you choose from 4 categories for a set price. The cheese omelette, was fine, the muffin larger than the one I had a previous time and full of blueberries, the hickory smoked bacon excellent, and the fruit salad a disappointment. It was composed only of cantaloupe and grapes and certainly did not look like the picture. If the restaurant could put fresh blueberries in the muffins and propose strawberries as a topping for their Belgian waffle (not listed on the menu, but apparently available as an option), there is no excuse for a miserable fruit salad! Also, like I said, the breakfasts proposed by the menu were AMPLE. I suppose it might be possible to order simply a muffin, and the waitress said that I could order the waffle and bacon without the eggs, but no smaller options were suggested. On another note, I must add that the decor has changed for the better. Once dark, the new decor has a light and airy Panera-esque look. Very pleasant, especially if you sit in the enclosed veranda near the windows. Wifi available, also whole pies for sale, lunch and dinner (American salads, burgers, sandwiches, etc.) also served.

• Visited December 2012