“love this place!”

Add it.
Main Street Smokehouse
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Dont think twice. Its not southern ba rb que that I am used to, but it is the best in the area and sure beats the franchise foods that are abundant in the north Chicago area.

1  Thank Joe R
There are newer reviews for Main Street Smokehouse

Reviewed March 7, 2013

It feels like you are down south when you walk in. Bare wood tables with rolls of paper towels mounted upright on each table. The menu is hand written on a black chalkboard mounted above the dining area. The condiments consist of a bunch of squeeze bottles containing about 6 different BBQ sauces. And the aroma - lets just say the Smokehouse label is accurate. But the food is what really makes this place feel authentic. The ribs are smoked to perfection - the portions of brisket and pulled pork are generous and delicious. Nothing fancy here. The dine-in portions are served on metal trays that have seen a few lbs of meat in their day. Takeout is not problem - white foam containers stacked in plastic bags paraded out the door as we waited for our food. The brisket was tender and tasty - the pulled pork was lean and smoky. There is no value menu so don't look for completely cheap eats - but the $8 sandwich is a good value and two can share the $12 pork platter if one of you isn't a hog (sorry). All in all a good place to get some serious southern style BBQ in the rarified air of Libertyville IL.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped in on a recent Friday evening. We're bbq lovers, but this place didn't quite do it for us. It's an order at the counter and pick up your own food kind of system. The counter help was unable to answer any of our questions about the meat cooking styles. So, we blindly ordered. We were pleasantly surprised with the taste and quality of all the meats. One of us ordered pulled pork and the other ordered beef brisket tacos. Between the two of us we had the following sides: sweet potatoe fries (excellent), mac & cheese (drab), and corn bread (drab).

The other downside was the price. We spent over $30 (no alcoholic beverages) for two people and got to eat on a metal tray with plastic flatware. At the end of the meal, we also got to bus our own table. So much for a Friday night out!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Main Street Smokehouse is a stones throw from my office, so I decided to stop by; I'm glad I did. Looking at the menu on the wall, I found myself engaged in another dreaded approach-approach conflict: Ribs, Pulled Pork and/or Brisket - decisions, decisions. Deciding upon an alphabetical approach, I ordered the brisket with sweet-potato fries.

The portions were plentiful, the meat tasty and tender, and the sauce selection - ah, yet another approach-approach conflict. No worries, you can try them all.

Since the first visit, I've had equal quantity and quality without quibble with the pulled pork, ribs and regular fries.

Eat in or take out - Main Street Smokehouse is a winner.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Great BBQ choices for adults and kids alike. Good selection of BBQ sauces to please different tastes. I like the pulled pork sandwich or tacos. For the sides, you can't go wrong witht the sweet potato fries, but you can choose from tomalito, corn bread, fries, mac & cheese, or baked beans. My kids like their BBQ chicken sliders and my husband can't get enough of their brisket. Once you're done, you can take a stroll in downtown Libertyville to walk off all the food you just ate.