“Great BBQ”

Add it.
Main Street Smokehouse
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We love BBQ and are picky and this place rates as one of the best we have had anywhere. Order the ribs "wet" -- they are very meaty and smoky. Brisket and pulled pork excellent. Great sides. Good value and like ordering at the counter, rather than having to deal with wait staff and a tip. We liked 2 of the 4 sauces we tried, there are 4 to choose from. Will definitely be back!

There are newer reviews for Main Street Smokehouse

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Restaurant is on the main street of lovely downtown Libertyville.

Parking is at the rear of the building, and you have to order at the counter, then pick it up. I liked that there were several different BBQ sauces to choose from, and as it was self-serve, you could check them out prior.

I got the Carolina pulled pork shoulder, which was tender, and tasty. The sauces gave a good variety from vinegar based to sweet and thick, to a little spicy, so probably would appeal to most people.

There's a good variety of sides. However, I hated that they're served in tiny styrofoam containers. Meat serving was MORE than ample, and I couldn't eat 50% of it. No problem getting a to-go container, but I ended up throwing it away.

Counter help is how you'd expect at any fast food establishment! NOT good.

Overall, it was OK, but if I lived locally, it would not be a regular place to visit.
I'd have preferred less meat, and more sides served directly onto the plate.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I tried the dry rub ribs and found them to be pretty awesome. I especially enjoyed them with the apple ale BBQ and chipolte BBQ sauses. Great food yet again!

Reviewed February 12, 2012

We tried this for the second time and was very good again. This is the best barbeque in the area by far. We love the ribs and the brisket was great as well.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

My wife and I went and both got tacos, I had the brisket tacos and my wife had the fish tacos. Both came with our choice of sides (mac and cheese, and corn pudding were our respective choices). Based on our choices I'd say they have some of the best BBQ in the area with a great variety of different BBQ sauces. The sides too were awesome.