“Fantastic BBQ in the North Suburbs”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Main Street Smokehouse - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Gurnee, Illinois
“Fantastic BBQ in the North Suburbs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

We tried this for the second time and was very good again. This is the best barbeque in the area by far. We love the ribs and the brisket was great as well.

• Visited February 2012

Libertyville, Illinois
“Great BBQ in Libertyville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

My wife and I went and both got tacos, I had the brisket tacos and my wife had the fish tacos. Both came with our choice of sides (mac and cheese, and corn pudding were our respective choices). Based on our choices I'd say they have some of the best BBQ in the area with a great variety of different BBQ sauces. The sides too were awesome.

• Visited December 2011
Libertyville, Illinois
“Great dry-rubbed ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

Huge slab of ribs, 4 house sauces to choose from, great sides and salads. Try the unique house nachos.

Visited January 2012
Suburbs of Chicago, IL
“Good food, small portions, high prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Being from Kansas City, I know my bar-b-q. I have to admit, their barbecue is delicious. They offer a variety of different barbecue sauces on the side as well. However their side dish portions are pathetic. I had their macaroni & cheese "side" and it was literally 2 bites. Their prices are quite high and the portions are not worthy of the high price.

All in all....if I am in a hurry, and craving a pulled pork sandwich, theirs is delicious. But if I am feeding my whole hungry family, and value is a concern, I will drive elsewhere for comparable barbecue with sides at a better value.

• Visited September 2011
Chicago, IL
“Fantastic barbecue in a downtown setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

The Main Street Smokehouse is a big treat in our little town. We are so lucky to have some great restaurants and this is one of the best. Their barbecue brisket is always tender, delicious and makes a fantastic sandwich, but this time I had thier barbecue nachos and loved them!! These were pulled pork nachos with lots of tender, spicy meat, pieces of cooked onion served on huge nacho shells. They are served six to an appetizer and I could only finish three and the other three were a wonderful treat later that night at home. Although the lines can be long during lunch, the staff manages the customers well and gets lunches ready in a jiff.

• Visited November 2011