“Great Food”

Egg Harbor Cafe
Ranked #6 of 97 Restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Egg Harbor Café specializes in gourmet breakfast and lunch creations served from 6:30 am to 2 pm daily, in a warm, charming, country setting with fast, friendly and efficient service.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I love to eat breakfast here. It has one of the best atmospheres for dining and the staff is awesome, courteous as well. Keep up the great work and we will keep coming.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This restaurant is awful. The food is really average, if they bring you what you ordered. I got the wrong food, no drink and by the time I got my food, the rest of my party was finished.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My friend and I went here for a late breakfast last week and it was well worth it! We didn't feel rushed during our meal at all and the food and service was great. If we weren't on a time limit we probably would've stayed to enjoy our coffee a little longer! Overall great relaxed atmosphere and dining experience!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had a VERY expensive and non-fulfilling breakfast this morning. Orange juice cost nearly $4 a glass. I ordered the Texas french toast (described as being prepared with large slices of bread). In addition, I asked for 2 scrambled eggs on the side with feta cheese. What I received was 2 pieces of french toast made with regular-sized bread and a portion of scrambled eggs smaller than I expected. This cost me $10.50 (I was charged .50 for the sprinkle of feta cheese added to my scrambled eggs). In addition, the bill described this meal as a "combo". I did not ask for a combo, which would have included meat. (per the waiter, I received fruit instead...it came in a teeny cup). I also told the waiter that I've never finished a breakfast in a restaurant and walked away still hungry like I did this morning. I was disappointed in the portion size of my meal. He told me because I got the combo, it came with two piece of french toast instead of 3. I did not order the combo, but, because I also ordered the scrambled eggs with my "Texas-sized" french toast, the waiter turned it into a combo. Ugh! It was the worse value for a meal I've ever paid for. There was more white space on my plate than there was food. How can a kitchen even be proud of sending a meal out like that? I will certainly not waste my money at Egg Harbor again. There are so many other restaurants that serve a typical breakfast that is delicious, satisfying and well-worth the money I pay for it.
I would've talked to the manager before I left the restaurant, but I explained my disappointment to the waiter and thought that I would be satisfied with that. Obviously, I am not, so it's worth my time to write this review. I will also mail this to the manager.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Terrible customer service, waitress and manager rude. Eggs returned twice because they were undercooked. In general, food not fresh, but prepared from frozen. Townee a much better restaurant, with friendly waitstaff.