“A great evening - good lobster”
Review of Jimmy's Charhouse

Jimmy's Charhouse
Ranked #14 of 94 Restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Kirkland, Illinois
“A great evening - good lobster”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We decided to do our annual friends Christmas at Jimmy's Charhouse in Libertyville. My husband and I hadn't been there in a very long time since we moved away and thought this would be the perfect setting to meet with my old high school friends.

Although I did make reservations a few days before and we did arrive early, we still had to wait about 20 minutes for our table. The front was packed with people. I would suggest to them to make a bigger waiting area, very uncomfortable. We moved into the bar which was less crowded and ordered drinks. A little pricey for being in Libertyville, more like Chicago priced. The bar was pleasant but the bartender seemed rushed and not very personable. Once we got our drinks our table was ready.

The atmosphere was nice. I liked that you could see the kitchen and all that was going on. The tables however were very close and we could hear everyone's conversations, they need to spread them out a little more.

The only real complaint that I would have would be our waiter was not very good at all. He didn't seem confident in his answers to our questions. It took forever to get the bread basket and also another round of drinks. You would think that he would be faster and more on top of things.

My husband ordered the 3 medallion filets which were very small for the price, but tasty. He had the soup which he said was very bland. I ordered the surf and turf. The medallion again was very small but the lobster was good. I would suggest that you serve it with warm butter over a candle instead of just putting it on the plate, it gets cold very fast. The mashed potatoes were very good and the veggies seemed fresh.

Overall this was a great experience and would visit again in the future.

• Visited December 2013

“Would go again”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Staying down the road @ the Hampton Inn, easy to get to, good menu, comfortable bar very courteous staff. Would recommend if you find yourself in area for business.

Grayslake, Illinois, United States
“Nice Place for Ribs and Steaks”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Nice place to go for steaks and ribs. The setting in romantic and quite. Service is good. The prices are average, around $20.00 a plate. We go there once or twice a month after work.

• Visited October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Special Dinner”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We chose Charhouse because it was close. Staff was wonderful, place was happening, but the meal was just average, nothing special.

Visited October 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Food / Great Variety”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

On travel to Great Lakes Naval Station just north of Chicago - you've got to take in Jimmy's Charhouse. A local's favorite and a must go every time I travel Great Lakes. Quality has been great for years. Steaks, wood-fired roasted chicken and ribs. Salmon is excellent. Spend the extra couple of bucks and get the French onion soup - some of the best I've ever had. Good selection of wines. This is one you don't want to miss!

• Visited September 2013