“Good Food - Reasonable Rates”
Review of Jimmy's Charhouse

Jimmy's Charhouse
Ranked #9 of 97 Restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My favorite is the Pork Loin with Pine Nut stuffing and masked potatoes --- the vegies that are served with it are usually "al dente" --- I hate al dente vegies.

I use to get the chopped steak, but it seems to have gone down hill.

They've never served the bread warm, that knocks them down a notch.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at Jimmy's a number of times in the past and have always had an enjoyable meal. This last time, however, we were disappointed. The service was good, as usual, and my wood roasted Greek chicken was very tasty, however, my husband ordered the rib eye special and the steak he was served was definitely not a rib eye. To their credit, when he commented on it to the manager she examined the steak, apologized and comped it. If it was an honest mistake, then it was handled very appropriately. Given the most recent reviews, though, we wonder if the kitchen is trying to pass a less expensive cut of meat as something more expensive. We will give the restaurant another chance, since we enjoy the atmosphere and usually, the food.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

It seemed to my wife and I that they are skimping a little on their portion size and a bit on quality. Has anyone noticed this? An example is that we have always looked forward to the salad that used to be served refreshingly cold and always had a great thickly cut tomato on top. We both thought the salad was much smaller and the sliver sliced tomato was a downer. I ordered lamb and pork chops and quickly realized that the cuts were much smaller and not nearly as hearty as in the past. We were both disappointed but we will give them another try in the hopes that this experience was an anomaly.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had the occasion to go for dinner Sunday 9-30-12 and was thoroughly disgusted. I had made reservations for 4, my wife, 95 year old dad and his 90 year old wife who needs a walker to get around and I. I asked for a table not a booth and for it to be by the entertainment. We were seated in the main dining room near the rear, quite far from the bar where the entertainment was. The server was so rushed I couldn't believe it. She wanted us to order within 3 minutes of being seated and given menus. This happened many more times within the 1st 10 minutes as we looked over the menu. It was quite dark in the restaurant and like I stated I was with quite elderly people and they found it difficult to read the menu. The final time the server came and we weren't ready yet, I spoke harshly and said the menus were still OPEN, we will flag you when we are ready. My wife and I had the pork chops, they were horrible, so tough and dry they could have been used for pucks at a Blackhawks game. My dad ordered a burger, medium well and got it burnt, his wife ordered a chicken sandwich and that too was dry and tough. I forgot to mention that 2 of us ordered salad and I ordered the Cream of Chicken soup. The salads came rather quickly, but no soup. After 7 or 8 minutes I flagged to server and questioned where is my soup? She looked at list and said sorry, then brought it to me. I ordered my pork chops without the grecian sauce, when I got the chops they were drenched in the sauce , she said she would take it back if I wanted, she also said that what happens when rushed, but again not by me. It came back washed of the sauce and on a clean plate, but still had some remants of the sauce on it. As for the entertainment I was promised we would be able to hear it where we were seated, not true only heard faintly the music, not the vocal. All in all we had a most unpleasant time and won't consider this place again, EVER

1  Thank wbpWheeling_IL
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We sat outside which was really nice but very dark so I couldn't see how amazing my food looked but it tasted so divine that I was okay with that! It was kind of a pricey place but very much worth it as an evening out. The steaks were delicious as were the ribs.