“Enjoyed our stay--would highly recommend”

Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Libertyville
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I stayed with my wife and toddler, on a stopover through the Chicago area. Room was big, clean, and kitchen area was a big help to us. Appreciated the conveniences of having a suite, and would stay at this location again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 12, 2010

The location was nice just north of chicago, bed was comfortable. One room had no issues at all.

But other had stained bed cover and hair on bed as well as Bathroom . Not sure whether they were changed at all/

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2010

When I first saw the price, I was really concerned. Once we arrived, I was really happy with the hotel. If you are looking for a good value in a place to stay, save your $$ and give it a try. Small kitched was nice since we stayed all week and it is close to the the Great Lakes Navy Base (10 - 15 minutes). We didn't find too many places to eat in the immediate area, so be prepared to travel 5 - 10 minutes to find a good resturant. But for the price, it was a great deal. Our only issue with the place was the night front desk staff, he really liked to stay hid back in the back office with the sign saying "Out, be back in a moment".

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2010

This is my fourth stay at Candlewood Suites in Libertyville, Illinois. This time I reserved a queen sized one bedroom suite and am impressed at the difference with the regular rooms. I can't hear the train or much noise at all from neighbors. In a regular room, you'll either hear the train (rooms facing the west) or have an unexciting view of a factory from rooms facing east. The suites face either north or south. For the outstanding price (AARP prices), I am willing to say that Candlewood Suites offers the best price in the area. Service is only offered on a weekly basis but laundry is free, high speed internet access is free and parking is free. A winner for me!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2010

The hotel was perfectly located for your business related work, it's staff was nice and gentle
GYM, Utility store located inside hotel and Laundry facility make stay comfortable
You can plan to go to Chicago City easily by Metra or Car
You can have shopping from Jewel Osco and Gurnee Mills
overall hotel was nice and value for money.
i would recommend to stay in this hotel .

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2010

My husband and I stayed for one night. We had to rush to a dinner so we basically stopped in the room, left our luggage, and went to dinner. We did think it was very odd that there wasn't a 'Do Not Disturb' sign to put on the door. We returned late and went to bed. The next morning we just got dressed and left. When we returned home I noticed that two small bags were missing from my suitcase. In one was all my make-up, a amethyst & diamond ring, and about 6 pairs of earrings. In the other, all brand new in the box creams, cleanser, etc. I am 100% POSITIVE that someone went into our room and stole these things from our luggage. Not including the jewelry, it has cost me $878.00 to replace my items so far. I reported it and someone was supposed to get back to me within two days. At least a week went by and someone wrote me and after a couple Emails basically called me a liar. I wasn't asking for replacement or anything. I just wanted them to know that they had a thief working for them. We travel all the time and nothing like this has ever happened. I thought about letting it go, but people deserve to know that their things, and maybe themselves, are not safe here. It has taken until now to afford to buy replacement items. I have before and after receipts to show them, but they don't care. I was probably conversing with the thief himself. stay at your own risk.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank mikkomogoo
Reviewed December 30, 2009

I stayed here when I came on the business trip for my company.
The location is great if you want to walk to work as it is situated near to lot of offices and also they have pick up/drop facility as well.
But on the other side there is nothing else in near vicinity.
You need to drive at least 4-6 miles to go to a decent resturant/shopping mall etc.

The staff is wonderful and very helpful.
The rooms are okay but strangely the entire hotel has a peculiar smell.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Libertyville
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Comfort Inn Gurnee
Comfort Inn Gurnee
#2 of 11 in Gurnee
Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee

Been to Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville? Share your experiences!