“Nicely Renovated Rooms”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Libertyville
Seattle, Washington
“Nicely Renovated Rooms”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here for an extended period in the spring and had a very good experience. The room was nicely renovated with a modern touch and well suited for an extended stay with a full kitchen and plenty of storage compartments and shelf spaces. I especially liked the huge L-shaped dining/desk area that covered the entire one side of the wall. Parking, wireless internet, and laundry are all free of charge. The only thing I didn't like was their old sheets, which sometimes had stains. They should replace all old sheets with new ones to go with the newly renovated rooms.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank montjazz
Candlewood L, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback, it really means a lot to us! When extended stay guests take the time to write about their experience is rewarding since you had an opportunity to really experience on a day to day many aspects of our service and facility.
Indeed after we finished our multi-million dollar renovation we have started to gradually replace the previous linen with our new white linen. We are hoping to have this completed before the end of the year.
Our Front Desk, Maintenance and Housekeeping team are happy to always work with our guests to make sure they enjoy a wonderful stay!
Once again thank you for taking the time, and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 7, 2013

While I continue to travel extensively for my job. I always find the clean, comfortable and family like welcome of the Staff at this Hotel to be a nice change to the road warriors usual experience. I recently discovered this hotel in the suburban Chicago area and it provides an excellent value, full kitchens and a quiet comfortable stay. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone that needs a hotel for business or pleasure The staff will do anything to make you feel at home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments/feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. It is wonderful for our team to read comments that outlines our staff's great service and their attitude to make the guest feel welcomed.
We hope we have an opportunity to welcome you again to your HOME AWAY FROM HOME!
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have had some touch and go experiences at Candlewood. This location is top notch. Recently renovated and very clean. All my staff contacts to date have been friendly and professional. The grounds are spotless, there is a pond nearby for a little relaxing wildfowl watching. Outdoor cooking is available in season, and access to major roads is great.

The rooms are fully equipped for a long stay, and the finishes are more than the minimum. Nice cookware too! While geared to a long stay, this property would be a good choice for any duration, no surprises here so far!

Room Tip: This property abuts a rail line across the highway. Personally I don't find it intrusive; but s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Candlewood L, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such detailed comments, it means a lot to our team! It is always a pleasure to tend to our guests needs by providing the best service and facilities.
We are delighted that you enjoyed our fully renovated rooms!! We are excited too!

We look forward to continuing to be of service to you!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Booked this hotel FOR JULY 2013 for a wedding and just got a message welcoming me to the hotel in APRIL 2013. Called to CORRECT reservation made by hotel and was told the rate has increased from $79.99 to 109. Quite an increase. Canceled reservation. Someone screwed up and they weren't willing to accept fault and give me the rate they quoted for the correct date. Won't ever stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest:

We are sorry to read your comments, although not knowing your detailed information we are not able to check what may have happened in your reservation. If we can review how it was confirmed, and what channel you use it would help us out.
Per our experience reservations made at the hotel or through one of our direct channels such as General Reservations or website are reliable and once you get your confirmation email it shows exactly what the rate is. The only way we see changes in prices is if guest modify dates and also change the length of stay or room type.
If there is anything we can do to assist please contact me directly.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future!

Kattia Reyes, Director of Sales kattia.reyes@ihg.com
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been on an extended business stay for months and the Candlewood Suites in Libertyville has been a wonderful place to call a home away from home. It is clean, bright, and safe. The staff members have all been extremely pleasant and attentive to guest needs. I find the location to be convenient to all of the amenities such as grocery and retail stores, being only a short drive away.

Room Tip: I have only stayed on the upper (3rd) level, which suits me well. It is quiet here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have been traveling for 20 years for my job, and I have stayed at many hotels. The Candlewood is the by far the best. The rooms have a range, microwave, sink, dishwasher, and refrigerator, and they also come furnished with pans, dishes, and utensils. There is also a big flat screen TV with HBO, and the beds are very comfortable. The laundry machines are free, and there is an excecise room, as well as a stocked pantry that has most anything you would want..fruit, candy, ice cream, pop. There is also an outdoor propane grill and picnic tables. The staff is always friendly and professional, and it is always peaceful and quiet. The location is close to major highways for quick access to the city. Wireless internet access is fast and free too. I would wholeheartedly recommend the Candlewood to everyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Clayton, Ohio
Reviewed December 4, 2012

WOW, I have been traveling for over 20 years and I usually stay at a long term hotel. I must admit that the Libertyville, Candlewood Suites is the Finest Hotel that I have stayed at in all my years of travel. The staff is very friendly and professional. The building is exceptionally clean and well taken care of. I give it 5 Stars across the board. If your in the Libertyville area be sure to find this place, You will not regret your stay here. Thanks Ellen, I will be returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Libertyville
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Comfort Suites Grayslake
Comfort Suites Grayslake
#1 of 1 in Grayslake
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee

Been to Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville? Share your experiences!