I stayed at this Candlewood Suites for two months while my family and I relocated to the area. The hotel is located on the outskirts of Libertyville in a quiet area, with limited shopping/dining in the immediate vicinity. Downtown Libertyville, with its numerous dining/shopping options is a short 7-minute drive away. Mundelein, with additional dining and shopping, is only about 5 minutes away.
I found the room (a studio suite) to be quite comfortable. The kitchenette was well-stocked and very convenient. It had a microwave, cook top, toaster, dishwashing machine, and a full-sized fridge + freezer. The room was nicely appointed with a flat screen TV, desk area, and recliner. The bed was comfortable, and the staff was more than happy to provide extra pillows and blankets upon request. The bathroom had a fine, powerful shower.
The free WiFi was great, as was the free laundry. I occasionally used the gym (though not routinely enough!), and found equipment to be top-notch. Since I was staying an extended period of time, my room was cleaned weekly. The front desk staff made it clear that if I needed fresh towels or linens in-between cleanings, they would happily oblige. Speaking of the staff, when my wife and two kids were joining me for the final week prior to our move, I asked if I could upgrade my studio to a 1 BR suite and my request was graciously accommodated at a discounted rate.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to travelers looking for a clean, comfortable room full of functional -not frilly- amenities, regardless of trip duration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. The Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville hotel is the perfect choice for business and leisure travelers. Big and built for comfort, it's the ultimate suite. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave, stove top and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk with two separate phone lines and complimentary high-speed Internet. Relax in the over stuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard where you can purchase meals, snacks and sundries items at value prices. We are located in the heart of Libertyville's business district, a short drive from I-94 and right next to Motorola, USG, University of St. Mary's, Volkswagen Credit and the College of Lake County. We're only minutes from many other large corporations. Surrounding leisure attractions include the new Libertyville Sports Complex, Six Flags Great America, Gurnee Mills Mall, Cuneo Museum and Volo Auto Museum. Simply, fun times for the whole family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, IHG, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville Hotel Libertyville
- Candlewood Suites Libertyville
- Candlewood Libertyville
- Libertyville Candlewood Suites