“High Marks!”

Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Libertyville
“High Marks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this Candlewood Suites for two months while my family and I relocated to the area. The hotel is located on the outskirts of Libertyville in a quiet area, with limited shopping/dining in the immediate vicinity. Downtown Libertyville, with its numerous dining/shopping options is a short 7-minute drive away. Mundelein, with additional dining and shopping, is only about 5 minutes away.

I found the room (a studio suite) to be quite comfortable. The kitchenette was well-stocked and very convenient. It had a microwave, cook top, toaster, dishwashing machine, and a full-sized fridge + freezer. The room was nicely appointed with a flat screen TV, desk area, and recliner. The bed was comfortable, and the staff was more than happy to provide extra pillows and blankets upon request. The bathroom had a fine, powerful shower.

The free WiFi was great, as was the free laundry. I occasionally used the gym (though not routinely enough!), and found equipment to be top-notch. Since I was staying an extended period of time, my room was cleaned weekly. The front desk staff made it clear that if I needed fresh towels or linens in-between cleanings, they would happily oblige. Speaking of the staff, when my wife and two kids were joining me for the final week prior to our move, I asked if I could upgrade my studio to a 1 BR suite and my request was graciously accommodated at a discounted rate.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to travelers looking for a clean, comfortable room full of functional -not frilly- amenities, regardless of trip duration.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Matt K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here before on business and really enjoyed the upgraded look of the hotel. Staff, as always, is very accommodating. The location is perfect and in a quiet area which allows me to concentrate on my work. Will always come back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed at the Libertyville location while in the Chicago area for the Ryder Cup golf tournament. Three adults slept comfortably in a 1 BR sutie for the two nights that we stayed there. Helpful, friendly staff greeted us upon checkin and helped us to find a good dinner spot close by. I would recommend the Libertyville Candlewood and would stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cricket711
Spirit Lake, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Clean and comfortable, simply the only two qualities I care about and look for in a hotel room. The Candlewood Suites exceeded my expectations in this regard, and in addition the gentleman at check-in was courteous and professional, providing a restaurant recommendation and offering a discount. I would recommend the suites to any type of traveler.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KJ0hns0n
foodieil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding out of town and were traveling with our pet, and found it extremely accommodating that they allowed small pets for a fee of $15. The room we had had a nice little kitchen, and spacious area for working and relaxing. We noticed the hotel was exceptionally clean and well ran. We would stay again, if ever in the area!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

First room dead bugs in the bathroom and the kitchen area on the floor (not bed bugs). We switched rooms and there was a dead bug on the floor in the kitchen area, again not a bed bug.
I look for candle wood suites in every town that I visit. This is not one that I would put on my list.
If I were to stay in this area again I would stay at the Hampton Inn and suites a half mile up the road.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Powerplant66
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Powerplant66,

Irish V
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here over a weekend when visiting friends. The room was nice and spacious; large work space for computer usage, nice bathroom and comfortable bed. The only negative was that we had a room on the first floor near the maid room; the maids were very loud at 7am in the morning which woke us early.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Libertyville
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Comfort Suites Grayslake
Comfort Suites Grayslake
#1 of 1 in Grayslake
Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area
Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee

Been to Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville? Share your experiences!