“Days Inn Libertyville illinois”

Motel 6 Libertyville
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Libertyville
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I recently moved from Arizona to Grayslake, IL and stayed at a Days Inn on 2 occasions;
earlier I stayed at a Days Inn in Tucumcari, NM. My stay at Days Inn Libertyville was for 3 nights as I was waiting for my moving company to deliver my furniture. My previous stay at a Days Inn was in 1998 in Rapid City, SD. I was pleased with that experience and that prompted my decision to stay at Days Inn during my recent trip.

As I mention below about the exterior appearance and the unpleasant aroma in the room, I recommend some decorating be done. If cost is a factor, raise the room rates to cover it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The clerk checked me in to room 131. When I opened the door to my room a musty smell assaulted me immediately. I walked to the outside window to air out the room and found it was already open. The screen was severely damaged looking as if someone was trying to enter the room. The wall in the entryway to the room had a brown substance running down the wall in several locations. There was a water pocket behind the wall paper. I placed my luggage at the foot of the bed and went to the restroom. The top of the door frame leading into the bathroom was covered in mold. The molding around the other doors in the room was moldy. The bottom of the bathtub was moldy. There were no outlet covers on the outlets. There was a large area of the wall that was water damaged. I pulled back the bed spread to discover hair on the sheets. The next morning when I was leaving I noticed the pool was empty and there was no lock on the entry gate.

Room Tip: Find a Different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel was the worst I have ever stated in. It started out with the smell as we entered the hotel. Then when we got to the room I did normal inspection of the room to find a bottle of crown royal under and many ants around it. After telling the front desk about the room they sent us to a different room. This time the fan in the bathroom was falling down mold was growing in the bathroom, sheets were dirty and the pillow cases looked as if they had never been washed. We had no choice but to stay because all the hotels with in a 25 miles radius were booked.

THIS IS THE KIND OF PLACE THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT SHOULD SHUT DOWN. I CAUTION ANYONE WHO IS PLANING ON STAYING HERE. SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND STAY AT THE HOLIDAY INN ABOUT 500 YARDS FROM THIS HOTEL....

I WOULD ALSO SAY THAT THE POSITVE REVIEW MUST BE EMPLOYEE'S AND FRIENDS BECAUSE NO PERSON IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD OR COULD SAY ANYTHING POSITVE ABOUT THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wnycycling
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Overall, I was satisfied with my experience with this hotel. My boyfriend and I stayed while visiting Chicago. We were first time visitors so we were never really there, other than to sleep, shower, etc. We didn't know that the city of Chicago is about an hour outside of Libertyville, so that was kind of a bummer, but we also went to Six Flags Great America, which was about 10 minutes away from the room. I'm not really a "breakfast" person, but the complimentary breakfast came in handy (cereal, milk, donuts, bagels, apple & orange juice, and coffee). The staff was nice and friendly, room and bathroom were nice and clean, and so was the pool.
The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the cable, which kinda sucked (Direct TV). It stormed for a minute, so we were without a satellite signal for a while. Thank goodness for their wi-fi! We were able to watch "TV" on our laptops. Also, there was a particular housekeeper we found to be creepy. (Lol!) Our room key would often NOT let us into our room, and she would just appear from nowhere and let us in with her housekeeper key. During our entire stay we left the "do not disturb" sign on the door. Every morning, she would be outside our room with her cleaning cart, as if she were waiting to get into our room. One morning she said she "needs to get into the room"... *WEIRD*...
For us tho, the room served it's purpose. The price was very convenient for our budget (we stayed a week). If I had to, I'd stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I had two brothers that graduated from the navy in the same month, and it got really hard to find a hotel our first trip. On our first trip we end up having to stay at a scary motel, so the next time we look ahead. The Days Inn in Libertyville had the best price, great survives, and the nice staff. If i ever had to drive from North Carolina to Chicago (which I hope I don't) this would be the first pace I would go. Also, the pool is super fun, it is near a great mall to shop at, and it is close the navy boot camp.
Days INN

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Do not expect fancy stuff, just regular, everybody here was nice, the room was nice, but for me I usually do 3 stars, a 2 star hotel is kind of step down, but I glad I saved some on the price.
The location is good, but noisier than regular

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I kind of expected the disgusting room for the price that I paid, but a key to the nasty dungeon would have been nice. When I checked in I was told that the key making machine was broken, and would be fixed the next day, when I checked out 3 days later I still didn't have a key. The hotels solution to this problem was to leave all of the exterior doors propped open for anyone who wanted to get in, needless to say that didn't give me the safest feeling. When I expressed my displeasure to the manager she gave me a %15 discount, or so I thought. When I got home and checked my credit card statement I realized that what she actually did was charge me the full amount TWICE!!! When I called to inquire the hotel told me that I was charged once (they were wrong) and now I have to deal with my bank. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Libertyville
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Days Inn Great Lakes - N. Chicago
Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Libertyville

Been to Motel 6 Libertyville? Share your experiences!