Motel 6 Libertyville
$76
$47
$46
$48
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I kind of expected the disgusting room for the price that I paid, but a key to the nasty dungeon would have been nice. When I checked in I was told that the key making machine was broken, and would be fixed the next day, when I checked out 3 days later I still didn't have a key. The hotels solution to this problem was to leave all of the exterior doors propped open for anyone who wanted to get in, needless to say that didn't give me the safest feeling. When I expressed my displeasure to the manager she gave me a %15 discount, or so I thought. When I got home and checked my credit card statement I realized that what she actually did was charge me the full amount TWICE!!! When I called to inquire the hotel told me that I was charged once (they were wrong) and now I have to deal with my bank. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed August 31, 2011

The check in was fast & freindly, but thats where it all stopped! the room carpet was so dirty it turnned your feet black. The bench was broken, the AC was very loud, the tub & shower curtain were so dirty that they were slimy. I went down to ask for more towels, as there were 4 of us & I like to use 2 towels @ a time, & I asked for 3 extra pillows to help elevate my head & sholders @ night, the clerk was VERY RUDE! Said they "Don't have extra towels or pillows for guess." She wanted to know what we needed these things for, & how many we already had in the room. When told + we wanted to use the pool, She Interupted me by saying "the pool closes @ 8pm so you don't need any extra towels!" My 14 yr old Grandson was with me, he was shocked that anyone could be so Rude. Later when we found one of the blankets on the bed was dirty with something crusty, my Daughter & Husband took the top sheet, blanket & spread down to get freah ones. Again the clerk was rude to them stating " It's just burnned from the dryer", refusing to touch it without gloves or to give them clean linens untill my Daughter instited. The clerk then made them inspect the linens BEFORE she would let them have them, becomeing Loud & Rude so other guess that were in the lobby could hear her. This clerk also wrote everything in a book so the other clerks could read it then respond the same. Although they were not rude when doing so! I know this is long & winded, but I want others that need a place to stay to be throughly informed!! After all this, when I called to say something about all this, I was treated like I was stupid,by the Rude owner Sue. The book in the rooms say they will comp you for 1 night if you have problems, But She refused!! Stated the clerk is a very nice person & would not act like that. When told there were other guess that said the same thing, she said she could not belive that. I will be getting in touch with the corp. office on this, they should be a ware of the way they are being represented, & if they alreay know they should be ashamed!!!!! There was a large group of us staying there & while the others did not have the troubles I did, not 1 of us will ever stay @ a Days Inn again!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank robin c
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Not enough linen for (4) guests, we are staying for 5 days & have prepaid. Don't have all of the tv channels, tall grass outside the hotel. I could go on & vent some more but you get my point. I AM NOT PLEASE WITH MY STAY.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank nytrydar
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My family stayed here for 3 nights to attend my son's Navy graduation. The staff was superior! Very accomodating, very helpful & very friendly! Our rooms were comfortable. I didn't notice any smells like other reviews claimed. The restaurant across the street served a wonderful breakfast! The location was very good, it was easy to reach Graduation and also to get to the Metro! Lots of value for the price! It served us perfectly!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Originally wanted to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites but they called back and said they had no power. So we had to switch hotels to Days Inn where there WAS power and we had a better rate there that day and nite. Thank goodness for FREE wi-fi access too. Just the pool could have been cleaner and a little warmer that day as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends