“Typical bar”

Tacos El Norte Libertyville
Ranked #78 of 97 Restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Typical bar food and not that great. The worst guacamole I've ever had hands down. Sat outside on a nice evening and that part was ok.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Good guacamole, large portions, decent prices. I've never had a bad meal at Tacos El Norte. I don't care for their chips and salsa. The salsa is too spicy for me, but I know it's me. I really don't do well with "hot."

Fun atmosphere, really cool wall murals. The wait staff has always been friendly and provided good service. Even with large weekend crowds we haven't waited to be seated and haven't felt rushed at the end of the meal.

We don't eat out a lot but tend to eat here whenever we go out locally with my in-laws. My husband doesn't like Mexican food but enjoys the steaks (and I get bonus rice and beans, lol!) My sister in law swears by the steak fajita salad, my brother in law loves the steak or chicken burritos (and always asks for the largest one they have because he can eat!) and I really like the cheese enchiladas with mole sauce.

I love the fish soup here - so good!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Tried this place for lunch today for the first time. Service was amazing , the food seemed to fly out of the kitchen. The chips were a little hard and greasy and the salsa tasted (bottled) not home made. There really wasn't anything earth shaking food wise so I can't say I would hurry up and go back . Not bad but not great.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

nothing special here. slow waitor could not ever bother to ask if we wanted another drink.
Tasteless bland food, you run of the mill stuff. you would expect better in such a high rent location! Will never go back.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The manager, Geo, is a JERK.

NOT WORTH BEING TREATED POORLY - ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE AN IMMIGRANT.

WHO TELLS THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS TO LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK?!

We brought 2 parties, 50 people each. He took advantage of us by lying/increasing prices, gave us less food than they agreed to cater.

AND then the manager threatened to kick us out/have cops get us when we asked him (politely) to refer to the written agreement we had with him.

Cheese enchiladas are just ok.

NOT WORTH BEING TREATED POORLY - ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE AN IMMIGRANT.

WHO TELLS THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS TO LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK?!

5  Thank r j