“dream b&b”

Hillview Haven Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 23, 2014

my friend and i were gonna go during december on the stormy weekend as it was the last chance to go before my groupon expires at the beginning of jan. before i was heading there, got a call from Peter telling me the weather is pretty bad there, i told him my groupon is gonna expire but he is very nice to extend my expiration date and said i can come anytime in Jan. When we do make it in Jan, the experience was wonderful. exactly what i have imaged, house very welcoming, nicely decorated. the room and Jacuzzi were perfect. The highlight were def the food, restaurant level food. the sofa at the living room were so comfortable that i fell asleep there. finally, i really have to thank peter cuz i left my book there and he was nice enough to send it to me.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hillview Haven Estate

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My partner and I do a LOT of travelling, and we both agree that Hillview Haven Estate B&B is the absolute BEST in Ontario. Nothing compares to the feeling of being at home away from home. We stayed December 22nd and 23rd and felt that we were visiting family. Peter, Irene and Sterling were so welcoming and kind and went out of their way beyond their normal duties and expectations to give us the experience of a lifetime. We were only expecting a place to stay, but instead received so much more. Included at this estate, is a very fine foodie experience where you cannot get at any other B&B. It was a very spacious property with beautiful rooms and such a delightful atmosphere to get away from the city. We loved every second of it and will not hesistate to go back. This is hands down an amazing place to stay, and you will not be disappointed. Thank you Peter and Irene <3 From, Farah and Paolo

Room Tip: Africa room is a bit more spacious and has a beautiful view.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I spent two days at Hillview Haven over New Years. It is a lovely home and Peter and Irene offer pleasant conversation and hospitality. We especially enjoyed the delicious food that was included-- a full breakfast and a fine dining dinner experience. One of the other guests was vegetarian and Peter accommodated her dietary needs with creativity. Our room (Africa room) was wonderful and we enjoyed the double jacuzzi tub for a relaxing candle-lit bath. There was not a shower in the room, but the tub had an extendable shower head so we managed just fine. The area offers a lot of activities to do in the summertime-- hiking trails, horseback riding, a sandy beach in Cobourg, etc. that I would like to return to enjoy. During the cold winter months you might want to visit the nearby towns of Cobourg or Port Hope, but it's really a great opportunity to relax and unwind. (If you do visit Cobourg, don't bother eating at the King's Inn which is part of the Old Jail attraction) Peter shared his plans to offer packages in the future (for example, combining a stay at Hillview Haven with spa treatments, an introduction to horseback riding, tickets to local community theatre) and they sound like great ways to take advantage of what the area has to offer.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at Hillview on Dec 13th for 2 nights in the Out of Africa room. It was spacious and very clean as was the rest of the house.

We enjoyed the meals (breakfast and dinner) and went into Cobourg to explore and have lunch.

We had fun playing a few games of pool in the rec centre downstairs, which is spacious and also has a big screen tv.

The property is absolutely beautiful and we visited with the horses and Sterling their dog.

It was a great stay and would love to return in the spring/fall.

Room Tip: Loved the Out of Africa room as it had the double jacuzzi
Reviewed December 10, 2013

It may already be my second time here making it a little too much like home, entering with the warm welcome of little sterling (doggy) and the firm hug of Irene. However, on the other hand, it was like the first time again as I was amazed with the changed decorations, great meal and many more. Hmm, too much to say must put it in a little list.
1. Food - I believe is the trademark of this place. Amazing food and is always full of surprises.
If you enjoy chicken baked in a creamy almond sauce with cheese and apricot. And potato were super crispy, so the outside is like great montreal fries and the inner is soft like the best mash potato. Best of all, homemade cream puff with blackberry and chocolate sauce (my personal favourite).
2. Rooms are as always, very clean and comforting. Just look at the photos.
3. Hospitality cannot be compared. Since this is my second time here Peter and Irene know a little bit about me and my love for christmas. After purchasing a fresh cut christmas free, as the guest I was allowed to put the first ornament on the tree, a warn family feeling overwhelmed me. Warm feeling with professional service in food and cleaning of rooms makes the perfect stay.
4. Most importantly a concern of most people. Peter and Irene was able to not only give us a list of suggestions of what to do (such as port hope a beautiful main street with little cafes and a view of the lake), but they went beyond and check operating times for us.

Last but not least, I know you're reading this, thank you for the stay Peter and Irene. :)

Reviewed November 30, 2013

First of all let me say, Irene and Peter, the hosts were incredible.They were kind, lovely and accommodating.

The food was amazing. Peter is an awesome chef. The glass was wine they provided was a great wine.

The B and B was immaculate - clean, nicely decorated, cozy and inviting

I will definitely go back.

However, I wanted to comment on a few things, which I didn't love. But please remember these things are just my personal preferences.

We were in the Asian Room. This room was nice but it was small, with a double bed. Which is hard to sleep in if you are used normally sleeping in a larger bed. Also, I had hoped there would be a nice, big chair in the room, so I could sit and read in, but the room is definitely too small to accommodate any sort of chair.

There is a hot tub right in the bedroom, so if you're shy, this experience may not be for you. And there is no shower. This is is a challenge if you want to wash your hair. The hot tub in the Asian Room does not have a detachable shower head, so I had to stick my head under the facet to wash my hair. Also, there was no shampoo or conditioner provided, so bring your own. I always bring my own, so I was okay.

Next time we go, we will try to get one of the other rooms, which I was told were more spacious. But we will definitely be back, which in my opinion is the greatest compliment you can give a B and B.

Room Tip: I would try to get the African or British room, which are more spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TorontoWild
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have been trying to find the right words to do justice in describing our stay and the ambiance of this B & B: “comfortable elegance” with gourmet meals, warm attentiveness, and stunning vistas are only the beginning.

What more to say?

It was such a pleasure getting to know Peter & Irene, our hosts ~ our three nights and four days with them were sheer bliss. Thank you for arranging the magical snowfall just for us, the exquisite gourmet breakfasts and dinners, the crisp fresh air,. . . .

We loved exploring the countryside. So much to see and do in any season, no matter the reason! Best B & B ever!

It was hard to leave, but we look forward to our next visit to Hillview "Heaven".

Ruth (& Alan)
Toronto, only 75 minutes and a lifetime away

Room Tip: All rooms are individually and attractively decorated. Each has a jacuzzi; the Africa Room has a do...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baltimore
Quality Inn Peterborough
#1 of 2 in Keene
Grafton Village Inn
Grafton Village Inn
#1 of 1 in Grafton

Been to Hillview Haven Estate? Share your experiences!