“Second Visit - Still Amazing!”

Hillview Haven Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Second Visit - Still Amazing!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

It may already be my second time here making it a little too much like home, entering with the warm welcome of little sterling (doggy) and the firm hug of Irene. However, on the other hand, it was like the first time again as I was amazed with the changed decorations, great meal and many more. Hmm, too much to say must put it in a little list.
1. Food - I believe is the trademark of this place. Amazing food and is always full of surprises.
If you enjoy chicken baked in a creamy almond sauce with cheese and apricot. And potato were super crispy, so the outside is like great montreal fries and the inner is soft like the best mash potato. Best of all, homemade cream puff with blackberry and chocolate sauce (my personal favourite).
2. Rooms are as always, very clean and comforting. Just look at the photos.
3. Hospitality cannot be compared. Since this is my second time here Peter and Irene know a little bit about me and my love for christmas. After purchasing a fresh cut christmas free, as the guest I was allowed to put the first ornament on the tree, a warn family feeling overwhelmed me. Warm feeling with professional service in food and cleaning of rooms makes the perfect stay.
4. Most importantly a concern of most people. Peter and Irene was able to not only give us a list of suggestions of what to do (such as port hope a beautiful main street with little cafes and a view of the lake), but they went beyond and check operating times for us.

Last but not least, I know you're reading this, thank you for the stay Peter and Irene. :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed November 30, 2013

First of all let me say, Irene and Peter, the hosts were incredible.They were kind, lovely and accommodating.

The food was amazing. Peter is an awesome chef. The glass was wine they provided was a great wine.

The B and B was immaculate - clean, nicely decorated, cozy and inviting

I will definitely go back.

However, I wanted to comment on a few things, which I didn't love. But please remember these things are just my personal preferences.

We were in the Asian Room. This room was nice but it was small, with a double bed. Which is hard to sleep in if you are used normally sleeping in a larger bed. Also, I had hoped there would be a nice, big chair in the room, so I could sit and read in, but the room is definitely too small to accommodate any sort of chair.

There is a hot tub right in the bedroom, so if you're shy, this experience may not be for you. And there is no shower. This is is a challenge if you want to wash your hair. The hot tub in the Asian Room does not have a detachable shower head, so I had to stick my head under the facet to wash my hair. Also, there was no shampoo or conditioner provided, so bring your own. I always bring my own, so I was okay.

Next time we go, we will try to get one of the other rooms, which I was told were more spacious. But we will definitely be back, which in my opinion is the greatest compliment you can give a B and B.

Room Tip: I would try to get the African or British room, which are more spacious.
1 Thank TorontoWild
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have been trying to find the right words to do justice in describing our stay and the ambiance of this B & B: “comfortable elegance” with gourmet meals, warm attentiveness, and stunning vistas are only the beginning.

What more to say?

It was such a pleasure getting to know Peter & Irene, our hosts ~ our three nights and four days with them were sheer bliss. Thank you for arranging the magical snowfall just for us, the exquisite gourmet breakfasts and dinners, the crisp fresh air,. . . .

We loved exploring the countryside. So much to see and do in any season, no matter the reason! Best B & B ever!

It was hard to leave, but we look forward to our next visit to Hillview "Heaven".

Ruth (& Alan)
Toronto, only 75 minutes and a lifetime away

Room Tip: All rooms are individually and attractively decorated. Each has a jacuzzi; the Africa Room has a do...
Pickering, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2013

For their appreciation, our friends Orly & Amit took us on a surprise 2 day outing. We saw a show in Cobourg using their local very talented actors, lunch at the Buttermilk followed by our "final destination". Who knew we would end up at a place that should say "Come to Haven for a wee bit of Heaven". We just stood and admired the view, then headed to the front door. We were greeted by Irene, who I then had to ask where she was orginally from, I could detect that familiar accent. When taken upstairs we were shown to our room which ironically was the British room. How ironic. Not knowing at the time Orly had done indepth research and conversing with Pete discovering this room was perfect for us. The food was sooooo good, and the "feeling of home" was set upon entering the foyer. Good chats, good company, lots and lots of laughing, feeling like we had been there before as the comfort level was obvious from the first hello. We fully intend to be returning. The fact that our friend Orly was also accompanied by her "working/service dog Francie was a special bonus. Sterling tried very hard to make a new friend in Francie. We have been home for 30 min, couldn't wait to let you all know you won't regret going to Heaven via Haven. Can't wait to go back in the summer, will take extra carrots and apples for the horses, and by that time the new addition to the barn/family. Thanks again Irene and Pete for a wonderful experience. Marg & Tom

Room Tip: Apparently there will be a room available in the near future offering a walk in shower, which will b...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We chose this destination for our first family weekend away. Our hosts, Irene and Pete, made us feel so comfortable and welcomed with our 5 month old baby. We stayed in the British room which had a great view of the lake. The estate is beautiful and Irene prides herself on cleanliness. Finally, the food was delicious. Peter is an excellent chef. Hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Maryse G
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The B&B was amazing. We stayed in the Asia Room with a great view of the grounds & Rice Lake. Peter & Irene proved to be welcoming and genial hosts. The room was very comfortable and the cooking excellent. Overall a wonderfful experience, we would return again to enjoy this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Though the weather was cool, the welcome and service was warm and cozy. A beautiful room with very comfy bed provided a good night sleep. Our hosts, Peter & Irene, truly have a passion for hospitality. Not only was the accommodation superb, guests are treated as friends and quickly feel right at home. Peter's talents in the kitchen shine in every meal. For the travelling gourmand, this B&B should definitely be on the itinerary. And to round out a perfect meal, a chance to chat with other guests and our hosts was a highlight of our stay.
We would heartily recommend Hillview Haven to everyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
peter g, Owner at Hillview Haven Estate, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hi Guys,
Thank you for your great review, Irene and I hope to see back in our neck of the woods real soon.
Cheers,
Peter and Irene
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baltimore
Super 8 Peterborough
Mackechnie House Bed and Breakfast
Motel 6 Peterborough
Motel 6 Peterborough
#8 of 12 in Peterborough

Been to Hillview Haven Estate? Share your experiences!