“Great Rueben sandwich on a sunny Sunday afternoon”

Dr Jazz Soda Fountain & Grille
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Once upon a time Soda Fountains were found throughout America. From the fancy shops of the East Coast to the small town drugstores of the Midwest to the beaches of the West Coast, everyone loved ice cream and found it at the local Soda Fountain. The vision of restoring a historic Soda Fountain led us to this circa 1900 pharmacy in Lebanon, Illinois. Many hours were spent restoring the Soda Fountain to its original grandeur in the hope of recreating the atmosphere that was so vivid in our memories. Our goal is to give you a place to sit and enjoy a taste of the past, creating new memories for the future. Dr. Jazz Soda Fountain proudly serves award-winning premium ice cream shipped specially from dairies all across the United States. Try our phosphates, sodas and specialty ice cream creations - we bet you can't finish the Ice Cream Overdose! The menu includes our excellent Italian Beef, Chicago-Style Hot Dog, and Burgers, along with salads, sides and more sandwiches. Take a step back in time with us, and experience the flavor of an old-time soda fountain and the quality of all american cuisine.
St. Louis
“Great Rueben sandwich on a sunny Sunday afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

With my partner in life, I ordered the Rueben sandwich with French fries. It's a family run business and great fun, great service and that great feeling of being amongst friends in the Midwestern locale.

Visited October 2013

Eldorado, Illinois
“Excellent sandwich and milk shake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went on Friday at noon and was concerned that few customers were there. Glad we stayed! We ordered turkey bacon cheddar and ham and cheese and split a chocolate shake. Sandwiches and fries were excellent. Cole slaw is vinegar base and spicy, yummy. Service was prompt and very good. They cook to order so it is not fast food, but well worth the wait. Prices are moderate to high, but I will be back! Very good food!

• Visited September 2013
illinios
“Old Fashioned Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

It's a diner. The food was good. The cole slaw was really tasty, The BLT had lots of bacon, I had a fountain, cherry coke and then a vanilla coke. So good!!
My friend had a chocolate phosphate -- tasted similar to a YooHoo.
The service was good.
The atmosphere -- wooden fixtures, tin ceiling, lunch bar with red upholstered round bar stools, booths. Like walking back in time. It was very charming.

I'll definitely go there again.

• Visited August 2013
Bloomington, Indiana
“Great place for a quick bite or to hang out a bit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Really cool place! We can't wait to come back!
My husband and I are just in the area for a bit and he was hungry (as usual), so I searched nearby places to eat and this place was highly recommended on TripAdvisor, so we decided to check out out. We were not disappointed! I had a cherry phosphate, turkey cheddar bacon sandwich, Cole slaw and v Maple Leaf Rag sundae. Holy moly! No way I could eat all of it but I wanted a good idea of whether it was worth coming back again. Everything was absolutely delectable. And the portions are extremely generous. If you like maple, Carmel and nuts you have to try the Maple Leaf Rag sundae. Save room for it! When they say two scoops, they mean a portion as big as your head.
My husband had a cheeseburger and fries, and a chocolate milkshake (so good). The fries wee delicious, and I am not a fan of fries. Best milkshake ever.
We spoke with the owner for a few minutes; it is also a bed and breakfast upstairs & they teach soda jerking after hours to the guests. The owner was kind enough to give us a brief history on the place, which is pretty cool. We are hoping we can come back for a stay soon!

• Visited July 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very good homemade food and great ice cream too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Had the salad with cashews and bacon...YUM!! Tasted the home cut fries and a bite of a cheeseburger and the chicken cordon blue sandwich - they were incredibly good too!! After our first visit there we've been back twice (in two weeks) Haven't had an ice cream flavor yet that wasn't amazing!!