“Just Average HIE”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Le Roy
Henderson, Kentucky
“Just Average HIE”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stopped overnight while traveling through Illinois and found this Holiday Inn Express to be a convenient location for the weary traveler. I found it is only 3 1/2 years old, and although somewhat nicely decorated, it lacked some of the more "upscale" features of other newer Holiday Inn Express hotels. The first things we noticed is the lobby smelled a little "musty" and the carpet in the elevator carpet was loose and bubbled up in the middle. Upon entering our room - which by the way be sure not to get a room on the back side of the hotel as you face something like a power station and hear all the interstate traffic - we noticed it was a little cramped. I think the big chair in the corner took up too much space. Verified by the front desk clerk, you only get one small bar of soap in the bathroom for the sink and the shower, BUT you do get two bath mats! Light bulbs were burned out, which I reported to the front desk. The breakfast was fairly good, but they were out of the sausage gravy before 8 a.m. and by the time more was brought out, we had finished eating (Probably 15-20 minutes). The hotel was clean and the staff friendly but it did need some attention to small details ( fixing the elevator rug, ensuring there is plenty of food available, room lights work, etc.) All in all, I would visit again with the hope they "cleaned up their act".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Le Roy, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear kentucky101,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of our hotel and found the staff friendly. On the other hand, I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Willmar, Minnesota
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Newer HI Express in Le Roy (pop. 3,581). Clean rooms. Comfortable beds. AC worked fine. Breakfast pretty standard w/rolls, bacon, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, packaged omelets, and a fresh pancake machine (note: no fresh fruit for some reason?). Note: Ate at Jack's cafe down the road. OK for small town but pretty standard fare, nothing special. Can get wine and beer though.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank franklin77Usa
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 12, 2013

That is a very nice holiday inn. I had to travel for business. No complains. They even hooked me up with a phone charger. The interior furnishing looked like they had been updated fairly recently. I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bon Aqua, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel shows that the people who work here obviously care. We enjoyed our stay in this quant little town and in this hotel. It also had a cool pancake machine for breakfast. Fun! They have a pool, so families could really enjoy their time here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rogers
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hotel was very clean and quiet. Would stay there anytime! Pool was good, not very warm. Front desk staff was friendly. Had plates and napkins for us when we ordered pizza. The lemonade seemed like it may have been out a while. Overall I would say this was a good hotel and would stop here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our family was recently driving from WI to FL and needed a place for a quick overnight stay. We normally get a little further before stopping but had to wait for our son to get out of school. We've never stayed in Le Roy, IL before and didn't know what hotels were available. Thanks for smartphone technology I located the Holiday Inn Express in Le Roy where we pulled off for the night.

We checked in a little after 11pm so the lobby was fairly quiet. My son began to cough as I was completing the paperwork and without pausing, the front desk clerk reached down and grabbed him a bottle of water and offered it to him. I was touched by her offer of hospitality that we hadn't even asked for.

Our room was clean, spacious and quiet. The mattresses were comfortable and even though we had to roll out early the next morning, I felt rested for the long day of driving ahead. A good night's sleep makes such a difference when you're on a roadtrip!

The breakfast was hot and good with plenty of options. Eggs, sausage patties and links and bacon along with their very tasty cinnamon rolls. Yum. The cinnamon rolls alone are worth staying at HIE if you happen to have a sweet tooth. (Guilty!)

The price was right, the breakfast filling, the room comfortable and quiet. I'd stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for a room for the night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Iowa
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for one night. The front desk attendants (both evening and morning) were great. Very friendly and helpful. Our room was beautifully decorated and very clean. Huge gorgeous bathroom. The beds were wonderful - very firm (which I like) but very comfortable. They had 2 types of pillows on each bed, clearly marked on each pillow, firm or soft. The breakfast spread was impressive. The usual beverages of coffee, milk, and juices, biscuits and gravy (which I did not care for, but my mom liked them), sweet rolls, yogurt, bagels, eggs, bacon, pancakes, cereal, fruit...I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but we left happy and full! Other people mentioned having issues, but we did not experience any of those. As we have family in Farmer City and go there once a year, this will be our hotel of choice from now on (the 2 in Farmer City are AWFUL!).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#8 of 22 in Bloomington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Le Roy? Share your experiences!