“Wonderful Staff and Homey Feel”

Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lansing
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Staff and Homey Feel”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Loved the front desk attendant, he made me feel very at home, he even called my room up after I checked in to make sure everything was Ok. Breakfast in the morning was great and so was the nice woman attending to it. Good, clean, quiet and comfortable stay. 5/5

Room Tip: Grab the corner suites they have a nicer room layout in my opinion
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
As a General Manager it is great to hear that my staff is giving A+ customer service. I know I have the best staff who take real proud in making sure our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Calene Echevarria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ontario
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Cold lemon water and popcorn greeted us when we checked in, a nice touch. Hotels is very clean, beds were comfortable, nice bedding, larger rooms with fridge and microwave.. Small pool and exercise room. Typical breakfast room with waffle iron, eggs, etc. Front desk staff was welcoming, in an industrial area but don"t be put off. Have never had a problem with the area.
Good value, if you don"t need a few of the extras, check next door at the Sleep Inn, same owners and i have reviewed it as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travelpigOntario
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! It makes me happy to know guests think our hotel is as great as we do. We are glad to hear all our welcoming touches do not go unnoticed. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we know your next visit will be as pleasant as this one.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stay there for business rather frequently. It's a fantastic hotel and I recommend it.
If you are unhappy with the gym they give you a pass to LA Fitness.
Nice staff, clean and a nice value stay!

I would recommend it to any of my friends or family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here and had a great experience with our staff & service. We appreciate your business and the great review. We are look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here because it was near to where we had an event. Pool was to close at 10pm but was still in operation after that. Big sign says children must be accompanied by and adult. Ha ha!!
The entry floor is dirty and has been during our stay. The breakfast is not up to standards in other comfort suites we have stayed.

• Stayed July 2013
I appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experiences. I will be personally going over our rules with my staff regarding the pool guidelines. Thank you for your review and I hope you will try us out again.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed overnight when in the area for a concert. Front desk was very nice and helpful. Facility was clean and served its purpose. Small pool on the grounds. Recommend if you are in the area and need a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments. We greatly appreciate you and are looking forward to serving you again soon.

Petersburg
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I tend to be a hotel snob! I don't need to stay in a 5 star resort but I expect the hotel to be above average in all areas. We requested 3rd floor to avoid noise. I am pretty sure it was previously a smoking floor. It smelled stale and was hot and muggy when we got off the elevator. The room was the same. Could not regulate the temp and blower would not stay on all the time. Bathroom was extremely small and so poorly lit that you could hardly see in there. Beds were just ok and the room was newly painted but was just old looking. This hotel is in a bit of a sketchy area. Didn't really feel safe outside the hotel. I would not stay here ever again. Also the complimentary breakfast was awful ! Nothing was hot except the coffee!

• Stayed June 2013
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I regret and apologize for the misfortune you experienced while staying at our hotel. I want to assure you that this is not the normal quality we offer the many guests who not only stay with us but have also written many positive reviews to TripAdvisor. Let me assure you we take your concerns seriously, and will address them immediately. Feedback, positive or otherwise is our best barometer of the experience we are providing for our guests. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide a great stay for you in the future.

Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had to work in East Chicago and was trying to find a hotel with a price that my manager wouldn't complain about. This was the one. I was a little scared by some of the other reviews but was pleasantly surprised. Room was normal size and included a microwave and fridge (even though I don't think they were listed in the room description). Check in went quick. Location is great, quick access to tri-state expressway and just off main strip for restaurants, food etc. My only two complaints was that breakfast started to late for me and they did not have coffee available in the lobby. I'll be working in East Chicago again in the fall and this is where I will be staying again.

Room Tip: Noise was not a factor for me but the NE corner is farthest from the highways
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a great experience with our hotel. I appreciate your business and the great review. I will be reviewing with the management team our breakfast hours to see if changes need to be made to better serve our guests. Also, we do have 24 hour coffee service, but it is in our breakfast area next to the lobby. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Calene Echevarria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond

Been to Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing? Share your experiences!