“Best value in the area.”

Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lansing
Palatine, Illinois
“Best value in the area.”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had to work in East Chicago and was trying to find a hotel with a price that my manager wouldn't complain about. This was the one. I was a little scared by some of the other reviews but was pleasantly surprised. Room was normal size and included a microwave and fridge (even though I don't think they were listed in the room description). Check in went quick. Location is great, quick access to tri-state expressway and just off main strip for restaurants, food etc. My only two complaints was that breakfast started to late for me and they did not have coffee available in the lobby. I'll be working in East Chicago again in the fall and this is where I will be staying again.

Room Tip: Noise was not a factor for me but the NE corner is farthest from the highways
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a great experience with our hotel. I appreciate your business and the great review. I will be reviewing with the management team our breakfast hours to see if changes need to be made to better serve our guests. Also, we do have 24 hour coffee service, but it is in our breakfast area next to the lobby. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Calene Echevarria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Drove off the highway during inclement weather, happen to spot this hotel nestled behind a few buildings. Front desk check in was very pleasant (one of my biggest pet peaves is a bad check in) and breakfast in the morning was more than I expected. Overall a warm and inviting place. Would definitely reccomend

Room Tip: Get the king suite its nice and cozy with a desk area!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank johnsondwayne31
We are delighted to hear that our staff treated you well during your visit. Thank you for the recommendation to other travelers. We appreciate your business and the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Ok never been here before didn't check reviews. Looking for something close. Extremely impressed with room and surrounding very comfy. I did receive excellent customer service. I had a great night. Overall would recommend to all. I will be back!

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Unzuet
Thank you for the wonderful review. Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal. We have worked really hard over the course of the year to offer guests newly painted rooms, updated bedding, and flat screen televisions in all rooms. You must come back and see our newly add Marketplace. Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is an average hotel, that's what you get.
Check-in was swift. Not much around the hotel other than an LA Fitness, which is a below average establishment, when comparing to LA Fitness's all over the country.
If you need to be in Lansing, then I'd suggest this hotel. If you are flexible, try looking for another hotel in one of the neighboring towns.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your reviews regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Calene Echevarria-GM
Thionville, France
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed a week for work. Located in Lansing near Torrence avenue.
located close to tri-state highway, without much noise of it
service is friendly & efficient
nice breakfast, included, compared to other hotels of this type & price... fresher fruits would be appreciated, but there are some of them
pool
clean rooms
block not interesting, you need to go North to Oak River to find some restaurants & shops (go to Marina Thaï!).. no restaurant in the hotel ou nearby
the sport room is really... small...
the laundry service is expensive, would be good to have laundry machines...

Good hotel, but a little expensive for what it offers, and its location...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ZHRO
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding our hotel. While pointing out a number of positive aspects of our hotel, you also provided us with your thoughts in regard to some items we need to improve on. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services for our guests.

Please visit us again,
Calene Echevarria-GM
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This place has some great points and some not so great. first, the good: good internet - solid signal and data transfer rate, OK location, quiet rooms, work desk and light were fine, TV is actually quite a nice set, though it did not improve the quality of the shows available. Breakfast was OK, and the buffet was well tended to.

there is a 'office center' which is a computer and printer. helpful, but it is right in the lobby and the screen is showing to anyone in the area so there is no privacy.

Next, the not quite as good. After leaving the front lobby, there was an aroma in more than one of the halls. In my room there was a large sticky area which had been there for a while as was apparent by the layers of stuff on top of it. There was another area which had a spill but likely was older since it was not still sticky. My wife would not have considered this acceptable. I was too tired to complain.

Bathroom was small, but not quite impossible to manuver. A large person could be inconvenienced. Shower was OK, but the temperature control was not very predictable. When i moved the valve a small bit there was no change in temperature - even after a 5 second count, the typical time for the change to take place. then I made another small movement and the change was very dramatic, going to very hot from somewhat cool. not a huge deal, but keep on the alert if you change temperature while in the shower.

This is a slightly higher price hotel, about 125/night with taxes added in. I know i got a 'deal' for the room. There are less expensive hotels right in the area.

another item is the check in. not a complete negative, but is something that i have seen occur far too often. when i was checking in, there were people in the lobby - which is a rather small lobby area. the check in person announced my room number out loud and more than loud enough for everyone in the area to hear. as i was travelling alone, if anyone heard the room number and had nefarious ideas they could have known where i was going to be all night. as a male, this was not as much of a problem, but this is not a good piece of information to be sharing with a group of people in the general public.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank figit
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for you feedback. Your review is appreciated along with your helpful comments of things we can do to improve our guest experiences. Since your review I have reiterated with my front desk staff the importance of not saying room numbers out loud . I do hope the next time you are in the area you consider staying with us again.

Fulton, MO
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My family and I recently stayed the night in June 2012 on our way home from vacation in Michigan. I normally am very happy with my stay at a Comfort Suites but this Comfort Suites was way off the mark. It was an outdated motel that stuck the Comfort Suites logo on the front of the hotel and it was crooked at that. I have stayed at numerous Comfort Suites around the country and this one was the worst. The bed linens were dirty and gross, the beds were old and very uncomfortable, the floor in our room looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in days and the bathtub had a dirty washcloths. So very disappointed in this Comfort Suites. Plus the nightly rate was very high for this motel...$139. I found this price to high for the service and the room we got. The morning breakfast was very edible either.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank marie r
First of all thank you for your feedback. I always appreciate hearing from our guests. I am sorry that you did not find your stay enjoyable. Please know that I have addressed your concerns with my housekeeping and maintenance staff. Thank you for taking time to help us better serve our guests.

Calene Echevarria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
Quality Inn & Suites Harvey
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing? Share your experiences!