“Unbelievable! Awesome!”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lansing
“Unbelievable! Awesome!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Book this room through hotwire.com. Before I arrived, I was really concerned because of the low rate I got through the service. However this is one of the nicest cleanest friendliest staffed hotels that I have booked. I travel quite a bit for my job. And I can tell you that I will be staying here again, especially if I can get a similar low rate.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. I am pleased that the cleanliness and courteous service of our staff exceeded your expectations. My promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lithonia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

the lobby smells pets urine; very very old used refrigerator with stains; rusted lamps, linens stained; open closet; no clock or radio; limited television channels less than ten channels; not worth $89; the outside is beautiful and the reason I booked it is because my friend who invited me said that was the hotel close to where the wedding will be, I should have research my self, I will not stay there anymore

Room Tip: nothing good to add for this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank classy62
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies that the smell and the cleanliness of our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are constantly working to improve to make our hotel "Home away from Home". We are working with the staff to ensure that the common areas exceed guest expectations.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback.
Karlstad, Minnesota
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Booked this hotel with Hotel.com for my husband an hour before he arrived after 18 hours of driving. The Hotel room was confirmed minuets after I booked it while still on the phone with the assistant that set the room up for me. { I was very please at how fast they were in booking this room}
My Husband arrived a little over an hour later and went to get his room key so he could begin to relax and was told that there was no room reserved for him by Hotel.com. So he went out to get something to eat before he went to sleep, came back and was left to stand around in the Lobby of the Hotel, while the desk clerk sat behind a desk and let his phone rang and rang never answering the phone.
I called and talked to an assistant from Hotels.com and asked them to find out why Alan was not given a key for a room and they would get back to me in a few moments after they talked to the Hotel. I was on hold for so long it went back to the main recording when calling Hotels.com I then got a hold of a gentleman and he said he would call me back one he got a hold of this Hotel. Never happened since the clerk at the counter just let the phone ring and ring instead of answering it.
I was then called back and told that the reservation would be moved to a Better Hotel so he could get a good nights sleep when all of a sudden the clerk said that the room had been confirmed. Excuse Me !!!! It had been confirmed hours before ... No I will Not recommend this hotel nor Refer to this Hotel .. with this type of treatment and this amount of Disrespect .. Inexcusable

Room Tip: Comfort Inn
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Largo, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our trip was a 6 day vacation. We stayed at a variety of hotels, but this was by far our favorite. It felt like we were coming home! We are planning our next vacation now ~ a 3 week trip to California. We will be staying at as many Extended Stay Hotels as we can. Thank you for being the best line of hotels out there!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went to this E.S.A. Lansing Chicago as per the reviews on other sites. The hotel along with the staff is excellent but the only problem is that the people who came here to stay had made the hotel so messy and hell lot of smoke smell around the lobby as well as in individual floor lobby also it's has smoking rooms too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ruturaj B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating to your needs. Still, I deeply apologize for the cleaning conditions. It is truly regrettable and we will use this experience to improve our cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies moving forward.

Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would wish to stay in the area. The rooms are always clean and presentable. The staff is friendly and understands urgency. I have never had any problems here and I always enjoy.

Room Tip: Second floor tends to be a bit quieter. No sure if it's just me being picky.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing, responded to this review, August 13, 2013

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was very disappointed with the quality of this hotel. We stayed for over a week and never received new linen. Although they are supposed to change it every 5 days I believe. The beds were hard and the room had some maintenance issues. My husband told the front desk 3x about the maintenance issues and nothing was done. On the last day I received an online survey and completed it, it was only at this time that they decided to address the issues. The front desk staff was not too friendly, I wanted to extend my stay and I was told I had to wait to speak to someone else. Also, I couldn't even get a paper receipt, they had to email the receipt to me. The rooms are extremely small. We could barely fit 2 adults and an infant comfortably. After staying there I have been seeing the tv ads and this location is nothing like the ads.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank drmmj
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the hotel didn't meet your standards.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lan@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#1 of 3 in South Holland
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing? Share your experiences!