Howard Johnson by Wyndham Lansing IL
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 30, 2012

For the price, you won't be able to find a hotel with easy access to where you're going or coming from. With that said, the doorways, hallways and elevator are dirty and don't smell clean. Thank god that the same didn't go for my room!

The room was clean, bed nicely made, ac worked, and I couldn't hear neighbors. Thats all I am asking for when I pay $44 a night.

Some unsettling things was seeing a police car slowly cruise through the parking lot (says something of the neighborhood) and the 3rd floor door's electronic lock was broken from the inside...

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank GrilledFetus
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I would stay here again if I was short on cash. The place isn't the cleanliest but it's not horrid. The staff were friendly enough and it's in a great location. You can't beat $40 a night and expect a 5-star room. Biggest complaint would be the crap pillows. But the air conditioning kept me cool all night and the bed was comfortable enough.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I was looking for the cheapest hotel I could find in an ok area of the south suburbs. The deal I got on this hotel was the cheapest around and the area is decent. Kmart, best buy, lifetime fitness withing walking distance. Mall about a mile away. Right off I80.

It seems like they are doing some remodeling. The public areas, halls, elevator, etc are a little dirty and rough. My room however was nice. It was nicely decorated and clean. There was even a mini fridge, Micro, and coffee maker. The bed was ok and I slept fine.

I didn't try the breakfast and the pool wasn't open yet for the season as it is outdoor.

Overall I was very happy with my stay and got exactly what I was looking for, a nice place to sleep at a great price.

Room Tip: The third floor has interior hallways, 1st and 2nd are exterior.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. We take a lot of weekend trips and like to stay at different places. I can overlook Something small but this place was beyond help! The short list would be that the carpet was dirty on site the sheets were not clean, the TV only worked on certain channels and there was no TV guide to help with that. When we went in to the bathroom in the evening getting ready to go out we stepped on the floor and water came up through the cracks in the floor! The paint on the base of the floor was bubble and peeling away from the wall because of the water damaged floor. YUK! We went to the Free breakfast in the lobby the next morning and at 9:00 am they didn’t even have coffee left. Run away from here as fast as you can they should be paying people to stay here not the other way around!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank catherine f
A TripAdvisor Member
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My stay at the Howard Johnson was very nice, the location was perfect right off the highway and close to restaurants and store. I have recommended it to people already. The rooms were clean and the maid service was good.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member