Howard Johnson by Wyndham Lansing IL
HIExpress.com
$57
Red Roof
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $63/night.

$219
$169
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster(Munster)(Great Value!)
$179
$174
Comfort Inn(Hammond)
$105
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. We take a lot of weekend trips and like to stay at different places. I can overlook Something small but this place was beyond help! The short list would be that the carpet was dirty on site the sheets were not clean, the TV only worked on certain channels and there was no TV guide to help with that. When we went in to the bathroom in the evening getting ready to go out we stepped on the floor and water came up through the cracks in the floor! The paint on the base of the floor was bubble and peeling away from the wall because of the water damaged floor. YUK! We went to the Free breakfast in the lobby the next morning and at 9:00 am they didn’t even have coffee left. Run away from here as fast as you can they should be paying people to stay here not the other way around!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank catherine f
A TripAdvisor Member
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My stay at the Howard Johnson was very nice, the location was perfect right off the highway and close to restaurants and store. I have recommended it to people already. The rooms were clean and the maid service was good.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 13, 2011

After a 7 hour drive from TN I was tired and stinky. The delightful girl at the front desk allowed me to check in a few hours early. That's all I can say in favor of this motel. My key card seemed to work but the door wouldn't budge. After repeated tries, I asked a maid what was wrong and she showed me that I had to put my shoulder into the door to open it. Once inside, of course I had to use equal force to close the door. Felt sorry for my neighbors.

The room was pretty disgusting. Layers of dirt lined the window frame. Bathroom in dire need of clean caulk and new fixtures. Creepy.

None of the vending machines worked and I got the feeling the place is regularly robbed and ransacked. The pool was padlocked, too. Other guests were kinda scary. I slept with a gun under my pillow.

Just thought of one more positive comment: there are security cameras everywhere so at least there'd be a record of your assault when you get murdered on the way to the elevator!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank ssuga
Reviewed August 22, 2011

First off, I took photos of my stay and everything that is wrong. These are large problems.

*The bathroom was not clean - furthermore the tub was covered in cig burns
*The free soap and shampoo in the room had been already used
*The bed, sheets, pillows, and towels smelled of MOLD! Sleeping was horrible as you were immersed in the smell!
*Shady people! This area is surrounded by dangerous people and we think we saw a 'lady of the night' pick up a client and then take him back to her room!
*You will NOT get a refund - this location is independently owned and so not even the corporate headquarters can refund you. I asked for a refund at the front desk and was refused one, instead they offered me a coupon for a % off my next stay there! OMG! Why would I stay there again?!
*Dirty halls - marked up walls, litter, and more.
*People are living here
*Elevator isnt working right - doesnt show the floors and which way it is going. If the lights dont work, what else isnt working?
*Security is a joke - the security door on the third floor has its keycard torn out and anyone can walk in and out. SCARY!
*The furniture in our room as badly scratched up and banged up. It desperately needed replacing.
*The carpet in our room was full of cig burns and even a massive iron burn.
*Some of the lights in our room flat out did not work, even after being plugged in and having a working lightbulb placed in them. Some of the lamps were obviously damaged.
*TV no longer worked right. The tv buttons were broken and only the remote worked.
*Walls had obvious patches in the drywall

Again, please see the photos that support my claims.

DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank OhioTea
Reviewed July 27, 2011

It smell bad! and it is not clean, even the lobby is nasty, there is a sign that said $39.99 for a night it is a hotels for ladies of the night and dogs and cat, it is a hotel that u can bring your pets, and the floors look like it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family