Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing
$57
TripAdvisor
$134
Homewood
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster(Munster)(Great Value!)
$116
$149
Comfort Inn(Hammond)
$105
All reviewswould stay againwalking distancepropertywalmartfridgesink
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I needed to stay in a hotel in Chicago's south suburbs, near my brother's home for a family function. Having stayed in several hotels in the Harvey, IL area previously I checked there. My previous experiences with a couple of hotels near the expressway were ok at best, and most were dirty and didn't make me want to rush back. So this trip I stumbled across the Sleep Inn, right off Torrence Ave in Lansing, IL, just a couple of miles up the road. The hotel was in an area frequented by long haul truckers, with several restaurants, a mall and other facilities close. The hotel check in was a bit slow (perhaps a new front desk attendant?) but we then went to our room and were very pleased. The room, while not luxurious, was very clean and quite nice. Storage was fine, the room had good, free WiFi, and a nice flat screen TV with many channels. We got into bed and had another surprise. The mattress was VERY comfortable and was in many cases more so than many luxury chains I've stayed at. We slept very well. Only complaint about the bed was that the sheets appeared to be a bit 'thread bare' and probably should be replaced soon. The bathroom facility was very clean, looked relatively new and always had sufficient supplies. There is a free 'quasi-continental' breakfast served each day. I call it that since it was a basic continental breakfast, however they also had hot biscuits and gravy (very tasty!) available as well. Overall, understanding that you're not paying the rates to stay in a Marriott or Sheraton, the Sleep Inn was an excellent value and definitely a place that my wife and I would stay again.

Room Tip: While the hotel is fairly close to the expressway, there was no noticeable noise from our room. The hotel is down a quiet side street so noise in any room shouldn't be a problem.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
traveler8881, General Manager at Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your great review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This property was our last one of many over a three-week, cross-country jaunt. It was selected as it placed us on the southeast side of Chicago so that we would not have to fight traffic the following morning. It was very easy to find, hidden off the main street just off the Interstate. We were on the ground floor in an accessible N/S room and it was just fine for one night. Very helpful staff at the desk who suggested several dinner eateries nearby. The free breakfast was real disappointing, lacking much in the way of fruit. The attendant was helpful though. We would consider this property again, but there are a couple of other properties in the same area that I would price out first.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night. We reserved the smoking King Size bed. First the lobby was beautiful. You can tell remodel has taken place since and the pictures of the lobby are not shown on the website. That was a plus for me. We got the 4th floor. As soon as you stepped off of the elevator you could tell it was the smoking hall. The smell was very very strong of cigarette smoke. Since were smokers we didn't mind it, but for non-smokers you would def have an issue. When we opened our door to our room it smelled like someone had just left the room with a lite cigarette (yes that strong) but again we were smokers so we were able to deal with it. The room seemed clean minus the cigarette smell, but I wasn't very comfortable I could say. The bed was ok, but it just didn't feel warm and inviting I guess. We only stayed for one night only because that was our plan. When we woke the next morning breakfast was from 6:30 to 9AM. I got down there about 7 or so to find the orange juice and apple juice machine was broken. The coffee tasted scrotched and the biscuit and gravy was aweful (the worst I'd ever tasted). Honestly folks, I left out of breakfast with only a bannana. They did have other things such as oatmeal, fruit, bagels, water and cereal. Overall, would I stay here again yes, in a non-smoking room on levels 1-2 and I'd travel for my breakfast the next time.

Room Tip: Stay on levels 1-2. The smoke may not be as strong from level 4. Even if your a smoker, smoke outside it's probably worth it.
1  Thank WilliamsT
traveler8881, General Manager at Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

First of all, thank you for your feedback. It's great our guests are noticing the changes we are making. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. While we still have some smoking rooms, they are only on the 4th floor. The entire floor is smoking so non smoking guests will not have to worry about being put on this floor. We regret to hear about the issues you had with our breakfast and are making changes to better serve our guests. We greatly appreciate you and are looking forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Clean parking lot and lobby. Room was average Sleep Inn, and bed was new and comfortable. A/C was quiet, but room and entire hotel were humid - the AC systems seem unable to keep up - and it was only the second day of summer... Breakfast was Sleep Inn standard and the breakfast room was clean. The hotel was somewhat noisy from 8 pm until after midnight - thin walls and lots of late arrivals.

Room Tip: Suggest you get a room as high up as possible to avoid noises.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and for sharing your experience with other travelers. Looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

As a Choice gold member I found this hotel to be not as good as the better Sleep Inns. Room 301 is in need of revamping esp. the exterior wall and the window was filthy. The new lobby was very nice but I don't sleep in the lobby. Breakfast was average at best. I had stayed in this motel appox. 13 years ago when it was fairly new and very nice. Needless to say the past decade has not been kind to rom 301.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your reviews regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experiences. We strive to make your next stay an overall better experience.