“Treasure”

Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Lansing
“Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Only stayed for two nights but the experience was excellent the hotel was very well kept it smelled fresh all the time and the staff is amazing Especially Treasure ,Gloria and another front desk Employee I can't remember his name but he wears glasses and has a bold head. The location is excellent, many Restaurants and stores are in walking distance but the Chicago cold will not allow it..1 fault I have is the breakfast ends at 9am.....never made it to breakfast . Will stay again when am in the Windy City.

• Stayed November 2012
traveler8881, General Manager at Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
WOW!! Thank you so much for your awesome review. It is guests like you that make our jobs so much fun! I appreciate you taking the time to write your incredible review of our hotel property and award winning team members. Our newly renovated property offers guests like yourself a beautiful new designed guest room, breakfast room, and lobby area. We are looking forward to seeing you next time you visit the Lansing area!

Calene Echevarria- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Needed to stay in the area for business, reviews of local 'discount' hotels were not very good. This one was reasonably priced, front desk clerk very friendly and helpful. If you want a bathtub, be sure to ask first-this room had a large shower stall, but that was fine for me. Back from the main road, so no traffic noise. I would stay again.

Room Tip: First 4 room numbers x01-x03 are at the front, above the lobby area. Very little traffic from other...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank fixer34
Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments. We greatly appreciate you and are looking forward to serving you again soon.

Calene Echevarria- General Manager
Harrison Twp, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I am a professional engineer that travels frequently. This hotel called me after I checked out to tell me that the linen was missing from the room after I checked out. They told me that I would be charged. I thought it was a joke. Have contacted my credit charge company to dispute the claim. Contacted Sleep Inn nationally to alert them of the claim. Was billed $150 for linens that either someone else pilfered or is an internal scam.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Carl H
traveler8881, General Manager at Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I am truly sorry that you have left our hotel with such a bad impression. I appreciate that you have taken time to review us. Since speaking with you about your stay, please know that I have addressed your concerns and your credit card has been credited back the full amount. Although our staff tries, sometimes miscommunication happens between departments and unfortunately that is what happened here. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to help us better serve our guests.

Calene Echevarria-General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Lansing hotels

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

After traveling all night I was in need of a hotel room for some sleep until reaching my destination. I had previously driven this same route and stayed at this Sleep Inn so decided to stay here again. I called the hotel 3hours before my arrival to make sure they had availability since I hadn't previously made a reservation. I was told that there were plenty of open rooms because it was a "slow night" and that I would be allowed to check in early. When arriving I noticed a rather empty parking lot so assumed checking in would be no problem. To my unpleasant surprise i was DENIED checking in because it was "TOO EARLY" and "NO ROOMS WOULD BE AVAILABLE UNTIL AFTER 3PM". I explained that I had just called 3hours prior to my arrival and was told by the agent at that time that I would be allowed to check in. Also explained that just a few months ago in April I did the same exact thing and the young lady working the desk at the time checked me in without any issues. The rather cocky woman at the desk said she didn't know why the night clerk said it would be ok since the policy there is check in at 3pm. She later proceeded to say that I can check in early only with a fee. I asked if hotel policy had changed within the last few months and she said no it has always been in effect. I asked if I can speak to a manager to have a waiver on this fee and she said she WAS the sales manager. She wasn't wearing a nametag and I didn't bother asking her name because at this time I was very irrate. I mentioned that other hotels don't charge a fee for checking in early and she very boldly told me that there were other hotels in the area and that I was welcomed to try and check into one of those. Needless to say, they only want the business if you are willing to pay more money and so I didn't stay here and not because of the fee but simply because this arrogant person working the desk does not know how to talk to or how to welcome customers. There was no sympathy even after explaining that I had been driving all night. Her only goal was to charge more money. I will be going along this driving route again in december and won't even think twice about stopping at this place. You need some friendly agents working with the public in this type of industry.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TruthIsThis
I appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experiences. I am very concerned with the way this situation was handled. My front desk staff has not been trained to reponse to guests in this manner. Please know additional training has been given to ensure proper handling with early check ins. I do hope you will stay with us in the future.

Calene Echevarria-GM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

My room was very comfortable, clean, and relaxing. I have no complaints. Everything was in working order and I don't believe you could find a better hotel at this price. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal and we are happy we reached that goal with your stay. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Calene Echevarria-GM
Van Horne, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I travel for business quite a bit and so I like to stay at places that make living on the road as enjoyable as possibe. I find a nice place and I will revisit. I won't do that here. The fitness center treadmill belt needs adjusting but there is a boflex machine and a bike that work. My room had no fridge or microwave. On extended stays these things are a must for me. The room was ok but nothing out of the ordinary. The desk staff was friendly. There are so many hotels in the area or a short drive away that you have many choices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
First of all thank you for your feedback. I always appreciate hearing from our guests. I am sorry that you did not find your stay enjoyable. Please know that I have addressed your concerns with my housekeeping and maintenance staff. Thank you for taking time to help us better serve our guests.
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I travel to Chicago frequently for business. This particular hotel was "sub-par" to say the least. I had my first encounter with a Chicagoland roach in this place. It was crawling on the chair in my room. My shower door was broken and could not be closed when I was in it. The biggest headache of all.....the toilet was stopped up and overflowed. The best thing about this place was the night Manager who was very nice and friendly. He actually came up and cleaned the messed caused by the overflow. Give this gentleman a raise!!!!

Room Tip: As information......There are no good resteraunts nearby. Plan on having dinner in downtown Chicago...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I apologize for the misfortune you experienced while staying at our hotel. I want to assure you that this is not the normal quality we offer guests who stay with us. Let me assure you we take your concerns seriously, and will address them immediately. Feedback, positive or otherwise is our best barometer of the experience we are providing for our guests. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide a great stay for you in the future.

Calene Echevarria-General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster

Been to Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing? Share your experiences!