“Great treats, iffy service”
Review of Calumet Bakery

Calumet Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Lansing
Description: Retail Bakery
Description: Retail Bakery
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Everything is always great, except the last time we ordered a cake, we got calls the day before the order was for, telling us we had an hour to pick up our cake before they closed. When we told them the cake was ordered for the next day, the woman on the phone said they had it ready then and we could either pick it up or not. The woman I ordered it from wasn't working when I had to rush from work to pick up the cake in time but I will always make sure they have the correct date from now on.

1  Thank Aleka S

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Their cakes and cookies are great!
What a variety of pastries, cakes cookies baked on site. The prices are a little expensive but well worth it. It is a great alternative to low quality bakeries located in corporate grocery stores.

1  Thank James C
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I first heard about this bakery from a bday party I went to. The cake was soooo delicious!!!! I then received an atomic cake for my bday which was to die for! Years later I had my first child and was thinking of her 1stbday. I automatically thought of Calumet Bakery! I had an idea of a cake design in mind but didn't have a picture, I drew it on a piece of paper and when u received the cake the day of her bday party. I was blown away!!! Above and beyond my vision!!!! I will recommend this place to anyone having an upcoming event where a cake/pastry is needed!!!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I needed a cake for my M-I-L's 80th birthday and this bakery was recommended by the hotel. Oh my, check out their web site. Do they have cakes..and donuts..and cookies...and bread...and very nice people working there. I watched a display of cake pops come out for an engagement party that were absolutely beautiful. The breads were delicious. Our cake, was reasonably priced and beautiful. I look forward to going back. WOW!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a following up from last year. Here is another update of this place. I still purchase cakes and bake goods. It's truly delicious! Here are some updated pictures of these cakes.