Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
$134
$51
$134
Homewood
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster(Munster)(Great Value!)
$116
$154
$149
Comfort Inn(Hammond)
$105
All reviewsfront deskredroof inntruck driverhouse keepingrooms are cleanenjoyed my staynice place to staysalmahousekeepingchicagochannelsilinnsratesmicrowave
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Checked in with someone behind me drinking beer in the lobby, piles of bags outside with people standing around, some half-dressed. No families seen, nor women, just men. Someone pressure-washing the second floor walkway sprayed dirt and grit all over our vehicle when I was inside checking in, which was a nice touch. We looked at the room and it appeared to be fine, but I found the whole atmosphere so unsettling that we chose to leave and find some place that felt safer - I just didn't feel comfortable staying here with my family.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank GracieCNY
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Senior Contributor,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review. We are sorry that you did not feel comfortable staying at the property. The men that you mention in your review that are lodging at the location are workers from all over the country. They are here to build a pipeline with BP and are staying at all of the hotels in the area. I do apologize if your car was sprayed with dirt and grit while our maintenance GSR was cleaning the property. Nevertheless, we were pleased that you found the room to be in good condition as our team of housekeeping and maintenance gsrs work extra hard to provide a quality product to our guest. Again, we would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you in the future should your travel plans require it.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Even as "inexpensive" as some suggest this Red Roof Inn is greatly overpriced as there are NO amenities for those cheap rooms. Our non-smoking unit WASN'T as the odor was evident and there were still ashes on the bathroom floor. The individual AC units are aged and quite ineffective, ours had controls that were broken so is was actually uncontrollable without a pliers to turn the cool/warm and fan units. I love dogs but not in my motel lobby. Staff was friendly enough but not very competent with anything outside the norm and pretty slow even within the norm. Lots of much better places nearby for a few dollars more. Probably one of the 3 top worst places I've ever stayed at!

Room Tip: If you absolutely NEED to stay here, ask for rooms in the newer section though they aren't much better than the rooms in the original section.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jon H
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Joh H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. As you mentioned in your review Red Roof Inn is a pet friendly hotel. The amenties that this location provide is free wi-fi, 24 hour fresh coffee in the lobby, free local and long distance calls, in room movies and games, and wonderful 24-hour staff desk staff trained to have a hospitality heart in regards to our guest. As you mention in your review that the staff was very friendly.

Again, we would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and bringing any and all areas of opportunity to our attention. Since your last visit we have had all the airconditioner units cleaned and repaired. We have also had all carpets cleaned.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better should your travel plans permit it.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

AC unit was loud (room 204) and we had to leave it off overnight so we could sleep, which was a little disappointing. Beds are a little rough and we were tempted to put both mattresses on one bed to see if that would help. Besides that the place is just fine. Service was good and workers were friendly. Had coffee ready to go 7am Sunday when we were setting off so that was nice. Just what we needed and the price was right at $60/night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank bepoore
RedRoofLansingIL, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. We are extremely sorry that the a/c was loud in your room. However, after reading your review we have had all of our a/c units serviced. I have shared your comments with the staff regarding the service that was provided during your visit. At Red Roof Inn, we take pride in making our guest feel confident, significant, and delighted in our abilities.

We would like to thank you again for taking the time to fill out a survey and we hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

When I walked into the red roof inn I was amazed at how nicely I was greeted, being that it was a saturday and it was around 2 am. Michael got me in and out I was a little dazed so that helped alot I agree with other reviews the carpet is really dirty and the tv, eh lets just say all I watched here was espn. The bed was comfy and the air was average but if u have any wifi compatible devices I advice you to leave them home because the wifi here is not so terrific. I payed $5.00 and used the extended stay wifi instead. Being a truck driver i'll have to say that this wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst i'll be back here. The tv went out twice that was the only bad deal it needs a upgrade but it's alright.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Thomas V
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn in Chicago Lansing. I am sorry that the carpet was not cleaned to your expectations and that the air conditoning was loud.

I can assure you that we have address all of the areas of opportunity that you listed in your review. The Staff and I were pleased to hear, we made you feel confident , significant, and delighted with our service. Our goal is to have a hospitality heart towards our customers as this is a sure way to obtain your trust in our service and ability to resolve your issues.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The only positive to me was the price! We stayed here and paid half the price of a nearby hotel. The carpet was filthy, the A/C unit made loud clunking noises and never really cooled down the room in 18 hours we were there. The remote did not work. Granted we headed out to the casino and didn't ask for things to be looked at but it sure isn't good to find this much wrong just stepping into your room. Minor irritation no hair dryer...nowadays all rooms have hair dryers. It was a great bargain if you can put up with the problems you might run into.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peace1126
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Chicago Lansing Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, Please accept our sincerest apologies for the carpet and airconditioner.

I can assure you corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof Inn, it our intention to have your confidence in our abilites to resolve any areas of opportunity. If there is ever a issue with your room simply contact the front desk and they will resolve any and all issue to ensure our guest feel confident, significant and delighted with there stay.

Please know that we value our guest and appreciate your buisness. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at the Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.