“Good enough for us” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lansing
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good enough for us”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

AC unit was loud (room 204) and we had to leave it off overnight so we could sleep, which was a little disappointing. Beds are a little rough and we were tempted to put both mattresses on one bed to see if that would help. Besides that the place is just fine. Service was good and workers were friendly. Had coffee ready to go 7am Sunday when we were setting off so that was nice. Just what we needed and the price was right at $60/night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank bepoore
RedRoofLansingIL, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. We are extremely sorry that the a/c was loud in your room. However, after reading your review we have had all of our a/c units serviced. I have shared your comments with the staff regarding the service that was provided during your visit. At Red Roof Inn, we take pride in making our guest feel confident, significant, and delighted in our abilities.

We would like to thank you again for taking the time to fill out a survey and we hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans permit.

Ava Adediwura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

When I walked into the red roof inn I was amazed at how nicely I was greeted, being that it was a saturday and it was around 2 am. Michael got me in and out I was a little dazed so that helped alot I agree with other reviews the carpet is really dirty and the tv, eh lets just say all I watched here was espn. The bed was comfy and the air was average but if u have any wifi compatible devices I advice you to leave them home because the wifi here is not so terrific. I payed $5.00 and used the extended stay wifi instead. Being a truck driver i'll have to say that this wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst i'll be back here. The tv went out twice that was the only bad deal it needs a upgrade but it's alright.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Thomas V
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn in Chicago Lansing. I am sorry that the carpet was not cleaned to your expectations and that the air conditoning was loud.

I can assure you that we have address all of the areas of opportunity that you listed in your review. The Staff and I were pleased to hear, we made you feel confident , significant, and delighted with our service. Our goal is to have a hospitality heart towards our customers as this is a sure way to obtain your trust in our service and ability to resolve your issues.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans permit.

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

The only positive to me was the price! We stayed here and paid half the price of a nearby hotel. The carpet was filthy, the A/C unit made loud clunking noises and never really cooled down the room in 18 hours we were there. The remote did not work. Granted we headed out to the casino and didn't ask for things to be looked at but it sure isn't good to find this much wrong just stepping into your room. Minor irritation no hair dryer...nowadays all rooms have hair dryers. It was a great bargain if you can put up with the problems you might run into.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peace1126
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Chicago Lansing Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, Please accept our sincerest apologies for the carpet and airconditioner.

I can assure you corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof Inn, it our intention to have your confidence in our abilites to resolve any areas of opportunity. If there is ever a issue with your room simply contact the front desk and they will resolve any and all issue to ensure our guest feel confident, significant and delighted with there stay.

Please know that we value our guest and appreciate your buisness. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at the Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Thornton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

loved loved loved my stay, from the time i came through the door to my departure i felt as if i was at my home away from home. bina is exceptionally nice as well as mike

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank frequentflyer565
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn in Chicago Lansing. We were very pleased to hear that Mike and Bina provided exceptional service. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire staff as we strive to make each stay a memorable and enjoyable experience for our guest.

We were delighted to hear that the rooms were clean and comfortable. The entire housekeeping staff takes pride in providing our guest with clean and comfortable rooms at an economical price.

We look forward to serving with all of your hospitality and loding needs.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

I recently came to the RRI and my stay was wonderful. Firstly when I checked in Mike greeted me "welcome to the rri how may i assist you" which was an 10. Mike by far was my favorite got me in and out, Ava the manager was so professional i couldn't believe this was a red roof by far it has to be the best one. Although when i finally noticed i had no bathing towels i called brenda and she informed me i had to wait until maids came. She was kinda rude but still my stay was not ruined because by that time bina accommodated my stay and gave me fresh towels. And the maids here are so friendly especially latoya or latanya? She was by far the best maid. I will be back!

-Susan

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank JakesMommy2011
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Chicago Lansing Red Roof Inn. It is the desire of the entire staff to greet every customer with a smile and humbly assist them.

We were pleased that Mike provided you with a hospitality heart during your check in and Bina finsihed to make your experience a positive one.

We will work to ensure that all the areas of opportunity are address as we hope that your next stay will be a pleasant and enjoyable experience.

At Red Roof inn it is our goal to gain your trust in our abilities to provide you with exceptional service and to accomodate all of your lodging needs. We have worked deligently to address all areas of opportunity that you spoke of in your review. We want you to know that we value you as a customer and look forward to serving all of your hospitality needs.

Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Red Roof Inn Lansing, Illinois is a great place to stay for the money, offering good value, location--within minutes of shopping, dining, and local entertainment--and GREAT customer service. The managers like Bina and Ava are top-notch when it comes to customer service; from resolving issues which arise to making sure you have a wake-up call, they always make me feel welcomed. The house-keeping is good, (and daily, don't assume that all places are) they are flexible and willing to accomodate your schedule (I usually request late service because of work), and they always do a good job... ESPECIALLY Kim. I've been here in Lansing since early January, and have stayed at a couple of the other places nearby: HoJo, DaysInn, ect. And the verdict: RRI is waaaaayyyy better, even though those other places may be a little cheaper. The old adage holds: you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for Kim in housekeeping, you'll never be disappointed. Wi-fi signals strongest on south side...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Chicago Lansing Red Roof. We always enjoying hearing about the positive experiences our guest have at our hotels.

I will be sure to share your comments with Kim and Bina and the rest of the staff regarding your stay. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

red roof inn-lansing,illinois is in a great location for travelers with dozens of restaurants, from fast food to sit down, within a mile of the hotel. there is even an irish style pub within a 2minute walk should you want to go for a coctail without having to drive. hotel staff no matter what time of day, from bina to mike to adriana to brenda, is always polite and courtious while making you feel very much at home, seeing to it that your stay is enjoyable and problem free.
i stay here once a week and upon leaving in the morning any of the housekeeping staff if you see them outside of a room makes a point of saying "hello" or "have a nice day". i would highly recomend red roof inn-lansing,ill for any business traveler.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoofLansingIL, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at the Chicago Lansing location. We were very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with Bina, Brenda, Mike, Adrianna, and the rest of the team. Feed back from our guest is always welcome as we strive to make each stay and enjoyable and memorable experience.

Genereal Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing
Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#1 of 3 in South Holland
Quality Inn & Suites Harvey

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing? Share your experiences!