“fantastic service”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lansing
Thornton, Illinois
“fantastic service”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

loved loved loved my stay, from the time i came through the door to my departure i felt as if i was at my home away from home. bina is exceptionally nice as well as mike

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank frequentflyer565
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn in Chicago Lansing. We were very pleased to hear that Mike and Bina provided exceptional service. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire staff as we strive to make each stay a memorable and enjoyable experience for our guest.

We were delighted to hear that the rooms were clean and comfortable. The entire housekeeping staff takes pride in providing our guest with clean and comfortable rooms at an economical price.

We look forward to serving with all of your hospitality and loding needs.

Ava Adediwura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I recently came to the RRI and my stay was wonderful. Firstly when I checked in Mike greeted me "welcome to the rri how may i assist you" which was an 10. Mike by far was my favorite got me in and out, Ava the manager was so professional i couldn't believe this was a red roof by far it has to be the best one. Although when i finally noticed i had no bathing towels i called brenda and she informed me i had to wait until maids came. She was kinda rude but still my stay was not ruined because by that time bina accommodated my stay and gave me fresh towels. And the maids here are so friendly especially latoya or latanya? She was by far the best maid. I will be back!

-Susan

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank JakesMommy2011
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Chicago Lansing Red Roof Inn. It is the desire of the entire staff to greet every customer with a smile and humbly assist them.

We were pleased that Mike provided you with a hospitality heart during your check in and Bina finsihed to make your experience a positive one.

We will work to ensure that all the areas of opportunity are address as we hope that your next stay will be a pleasant and enjoyable experience.

At Red Roof inn it is our goal to gain your trust in our abilities to provide you with exceptional service and to accomodate all of your lodging needs. We have worked deligently to address all areas of opportunity that you spoke of in your review. We want you to know that we value you as a customer and look forward to serving all of your hospitality needs.

Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Red Roof Inn Lansing, Illinois is a great place to stay for the money, offering good value, location--within minutes of shopping, dining, and local entertainment--and GREAT customer service. The managers like Bina and Ava are top-notch when it comes to customer service; from resolving issues which arise to making sure you have a wake-up call, they always make me feel welcomed. The house-keeping is good, (and daily, don't assume that all places are) they are flexible and willing to accomodate your schedule (I usually request late service because of work), and they always do a good job... ESPECIALLY Kim. I've been here in Lansing since early January, and have stayed at a couple of the other places nearby: HoJo, DaysInn, ect. And the verdict: RRI is waaaaayyyy better, even though those other places may be a little cheaper. The old adage holds: you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for Kim in housekeeping, you'll never be disappointed. Wi-fi signals strongest on south side...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Chicago Lansing Red Roof. We always enjoying hearing about the positive experiences our guest have at our hotels.

I will be sure to share your comments with Kim and Bina and the rest of the staff regarding your stay. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 14, 2012

red roof inn-lansing,illinois is in a great location for travelers with dozens of restaurants, from fast food to sit down, within a mile of the hotel. there is even an irish style pub within a 2minute walk should you want to go for a coctail without having to drive. hotel staff no matter what time of day, from bina to mike to adriana to brenda, is always polite and courtious while making you feel very much at home, seeing to it that your stay is enjoyable and problem free.
i stay here once a week and upon leaving in the morning any of the housekeeping staff if you see them outside of a room makes a point of saying "hello" or "have a nice day". i would highly recomend red roof inn-lansing,ill for any business traveler.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofLansingIL, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at the Chicago Lansing location. We were very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with Bina, Brenda, Mike, Adrianna, and the rest of the team. Feed back from our guest is always welcome as we strive to make each stay and enjoyable and memorable experience.

Genereal Manager
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I've seen recent reviews and I wonder where those people are staying because it's not red roof trust me the hojo or sleep inn is waaaaay better! First of all the manager or who ever is in charge has these big 1931 tvs in the rooms that could easily tip over I have an 3 yr old and I kept my baby as far away as I could from that tv. SECOND they'res litterally only 20 cable channels and out of the 20 is FOUR news channels 5 sports channels and the rest is country garbage. The manager at this place must be a cheap chump because theyres nothing good here! Not to mention the room carpets are nasty beyond nasty they're filthy! Your socks are bound to be filthy within one hour. I stayed here for three days and the manager was never there! OH and let's not forget the power went off for a minimium of 2 hours and guess what I didn't get a refund nothing! Trust me as a recent reveiw even your one night stands shouldn't be here, STAY AWAY! -Tiana P.S the coffee's great.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Tiana32
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Chicago Lansing Red Roof Inn. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the brief power outage as this was out of our control but we worked dilligently to restore the power within a reasonable time frame.

At Red Roof, it our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Although we cannnot guarantee a similiar situation will not occur we will continue to strive for excellence to build your confidence in our product and abilities. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your buisness.

Thank you for sharing your concerns and allowing us to address our areas of opportunity. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve and accomodate your needs the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I'm currently stayn@RRI located in Lansing,Il.Due2 home repairs from hell I've been here 4long period of time. I have seen lot of staff come&go.There is a new manager here that has really changed morale of staff&guest comfort. The hotel is a economic hotel,howeverG.M.Ava A. Take her responsibilities seriously,she assist her staff with cleaning&evenworkn n the. Laundry room. She addresses all issues immediately regardless of how mediocre some can be. She has made my stay here better&she is fair 2her customers.I observe how courteous staff interact with rude guests.House keepn staff will do watevr u ask them, withn reason.CC,Diane,Lance, Kathy have been good2 me&they all make sure I hav toiletries&keep room clean even when I tell them not 2clean room bcause I hav no problm wit keepn my own room clean.Bina has been great 2me as well even though there rtimes I'm frustratd bout sumthn.Mike is overnite staff that will ensure guests r safe&hapy during late hours.He put guests first as well. This place has been my home away from home&id recommend it 2any1 guest r first here,place functions well bcause of G.M. Ava A. RRI upper management made good choice regardn hiring her,it is just that simple.RRI runs well under Ms. A.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank MeMeZTE
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time tell all of our potential guest about your lodging experience at the Red Roof Inn in Chicago Lansing. We value you as a cutomer and appreciate your feedback. I will share your comments with the staff as all feed back from our guests are welcomed.

Please continue to keep us in mind for all of your lodging and hospitality needs.

District of Columbia
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Stayed in a Superior King room with my wife and dog for a few days while visiting family in the area. The housekeeping staff were friendly, the room was clean and spacious, and the rates -- a little over $60 a night including wifi, a fridge and microwave -- were great.

The location is perfect for traveling. It's right off I-80/94, and has shopping and services nearby.

Red Roofs can vary greatly in quality -- see my other review of the one in East Peoria for evidence of that. But this one worked just fine for what it was -- budget hotel that's safe and comfortable and doesn't charge extra for dogs.

• Stayed December 2011
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I am glad that you found the room to be comfortable. I will be sharing your review with the staff. All of us here at the Red Roof Inn in Lansing strive to make our guest stay as enjoyable as possible.

We appreciate and look forward to your feedback as we strive to ensure quality and great service to all of our guest. Thank you again for taking time to post a review and we look forward to serving you the next time you are in the Lansing area.

Ava Adediwura
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing
Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Quality Inn & Suites Harvey
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#1 of 3 in South Holland

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing? Share your experiences!