I needed to stay at this hotel for 3 days because of company business interests in the area. Normally, I stay with choice hotels brand but i came over to holiday inn because one of my colleagues as staying here. I reserved a room for a 3day period through Orbitz. I arrived at the hotel around 3:20pm and when i approached the front desk to check inn they said they didn't have my room ready. I thought to myself, okay it just might take about 10-15 minutes, so I sat down in the lobby and waited. 30 minutes pass and I return to the front desk and the lady working there said my room is still not ready because of a housekeeping problem. At this point i was angry because they at least could have told me 30 minutes ago. She went on saying that it would take about another 15-20 minutes. I was already frustrated because of work, so I threw my things back in the car and went to eat out. Coming back around 4:30 they finally had my room ready, and the lady was being quite quite rude about it. I had to ask her for most of the information about the hotel and surrounding areas instead of the other way around. Finally entering my room i collapsed on the bed and noticed there were no pillows ! I guess in the rush of cleaning my room they didn't do it correctly, calling the front desk i had to go all the way downstairs to get my 2 pillows and back. When I woke in the morning about 8:00am I went down to breakfast to find it completely wiped out. I thought this was a buffet? There were a few pieces of bread and bagels, and their "legendary cinnamon rolls" were not so "legendary" they were actually quite cold as if they weren't heated. Finishing my bagel and a simple cup of coffee I left to work. The thing was though i wasn't coming back a hotel of this stature should have much better expectations than this.
I've learned my lesson to stay with my choice hotel properties, at least they're reliable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Chicago-South Lansing Hotel Offers Best of Both Worlds Located on the Corporate Corridor, our new Chicago South Lansing Hotel is near some of the nation s top producing companies including BP Aamoco, Ford and Arcelor Mittal Steel and is also in close proximity to Chicago s main highways, including I-80, I-94 and I-294. Situated in suburban Chicago, our South Lansing hotel provides an ideal location for travelers of all kinds near several city attractions like the urban center of Chicago and Chicago's downtown city center, as well as rural attractions such as Illinois State Park. Our Lansing hotel is located in the region s most concentrated area of forest and recreational activities. Whether you want a night on the town or an afternoon in the park, our Lansing hotel is the perfect place for you. Families can enjoy the Holiday Inn Express Chicago-South Lansing Hotel's easy access to numerous Chicago attractions such as Soldier Field and the Magnificent Mile, by car or by Chicago s public transport system. And, business travelers can appreciate the convenience of having the Chicago Southland Convention and Business Bureau within walking distance of our Chicago South Lansing Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Chicago South Lansing
- Holiday Inn Express Lansing
- Lansing Holiday Inn