“Good German Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Palm Coast, Florida
“Good German Food”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Very good German food in a warm atmosphere. The restaurant has been around for many years and is apparently a family owned enterprise. There is a nice bar area in the front and the restaurant in the rear. German beer on tap. The menu includes many German favorites such as sauerbraten, bratwurst, pork loin. There are also a number of combination plates. Each meal comes with two sides like red cabbage or sauerkraut. They also have steaks on the menu, .Service is efficient and friendly. A nice place to go for a food change of pace.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank spencer h

chicago
“unhappy birthday”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

we went here for two birthday celebrations. When I made the reservation over the phone I clearly stated we have two birthdays in the party. We started out at the bar for drinks. when we sat down at our table the waitress said oh we have birthdays tonight. we started with potato pancakes JUST LIKE MY GRANDMAS. I had a chicken schnitzel sandwich it was so big I had to bring 1/2 home, it was platted beautifully with sliced apples and oranges and it came with an amazing dill sauce. my friend had the dinner version with potatoes. my sister had rouladen with kraut it was delicious! for dessert we shared black forest which was very fresh and the cake was moist. BUT You think they could have at least have put a candle in the slice of cake. Everyone in that building knew we had birthdays. I expected better, I just felt short changed, people go out to celebrate special occasions and Fritzels let me down. I will return but not for any kind of celebration. :( if you want bells and whistles or just a simple candle in your cake look elsewhere

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank kimmykat204
chicago
“I think my Oma was cooking in the kitchen”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Went for Octoberfest, Never been to Munich so we gave this a try.
What a blast! I cant wait to go back. The beer was great! food was better.
It was like a big fat germany wedding.
way to go Fritzels!
This was my first time going there and I promise I will be back.

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“They did it again --”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Each time my wife and I have a chance to go out - we venture over to Fritzl's. Each time the food is good, the service is enjoyable and we walk out saying we need to do this more often.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Roy3752
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“JUST FAIR”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Fritzel's in late August and we were less than thrilled with the authenticity of the food. We love German food but the food served at Fritzel's was a few steps above fast food quality. We both had the weinerschnitzel and it was dry and somewhat tasteless. I asked for mine ala holstein with anchovies and was shocked when they served it with more than a dozen anchovies on top. Typically two or three anchovies along with the egg and capers gives the schnitzel a nice accent. in this case the anchovies overpowerd everything else. This is the second time that i felt the German inspired meal was less than authentic compared to other German resteraunts serve

On the positive side we had a cocdktail at the bar before dinner and the young lady tending bar was outstanding and really put a positive spin on the evening. All in all I am dropping Fritzel's down to a tier two level.

• Visited August 2013