“Good Greek Food...well prepared”
Review of Menalon - CLOSED

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I had the avgolemono soup as a first course and baked gigantes as the main course. Both were very good. My husband had a chicken dish which was very well prepared. The interior is a very clean looking Greek style of decorations. I agree with another reviewer that the bread was disappointing....it was served cold. I thought $11 was high for a plate of baked lima beans....so I give the place 4 stars instead of 5.

1  Thank simplelife4real

Reviewed January 10, 2012

I didn't know what to expect when a friend said she wanted to go here. There have been several restaurants at this location since we moved to the area fifteen years ago.

This is now a friendly Greek restaurant. The have mostly tradional Greek dishes. The ones we had were very tasty. I will go back.
Prices are good for the amount of food.

3  Thank travelBelle55
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We were first served with bread and butter, which is usually a hit with everybody in my family - as long as the bread is fresh and it is served warm, which was not the case here. We tried the grilled octopus – it was OK but a bit pricey. Also tried the combination plate - we liked the dolmade, rice and the gyro. The mousaka, pastitsio and the athenian potatoes did not meet expectations. Overall, I would say this was an average experience and a bit pricey.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

My friends and I gave Menalon a try and was very pleased. we ordered saganaki and charbroiled octopus for our appetizers ( octopus was so tender) Then the waiter brought out a nice greek salad that was just enough for 4 people instead of every one getting a side salad, I thought that was a nice touch.Now for our main entrée, I had the mousaka and that was the best I have ever tasted, my friends ordered some specials of the day and one that I could remember was some kind of garlic shrimp. Every one was so pleased and at one point of our meal the chef came out to greet us. We love this new Greek restaurant and will be back again.

2  Thank stacy45
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My husband & I had lunch at Menalon on Memorial Day. This was our first time there, but we had eaten at a couple of the restaurants that preceded Menalon at this location. I had the vegetarian moussaka, and my husband had the chicken kabob. Both were exceptional. As a vegetarian, I was grateful that I had options besides the usual Greek salad. We also both appreciated that the food was only lightly salted -- not oversalted like so much restaurant food is. Even the olive oil in which we dipped our bread was particularly fresh & flavorful. The $24 tab for our meal seemed quite reasonable, given the quality & the quantity (enough for another meal). The ambience was authentic, with pictures of Greek sites, blue/white decor, and Greek music playing. Since this location seems to have a curse, and no restaurant that has opened here in recent years has lasted very long, I encourage anyone in the area to patronize Menalon & keep it going!!

3  Thank mompeef