“Great onions”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Enjoy the hamburgers, which are always good, The onion loaves are great, but if you take them home, beware they do not reheat well.

There are newer reviews for Hackney's Lake Zurich

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We've been eating at Hackney's for decades and the burgers have always been consistently good, but not tonight. I described them as "lacking LOVE". It tasted dry and processed, not the usual juicy, hand formed, high quality beef blend we've come to expect. Service was OK, but when we ordered a burger to go, it was priced higher than the menu price. We asked the server why and his response was that it was "ordered to go", that's store policy. The experience wasn't even worth consulting a manager because we don't plan to return. Hackney's brags that they've been voted "Best Burgers in the North Shore", but they certainly don't get my vote.

1  Thank Hal N
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stopped at hackneys with my boyfriend for lunch, from what I remembered years ago I enjoyed it. But it was nothing like I remembered. It was extremely dark and smelled very musky. The food was mediocre and extremely overpriced. $8 something for 6 mozzarella sticks. French fries were bland. I noticed that the tables had a circle crease around it and was filled with years and years of crumbs! Ew! But the waiter was nice. Save your money!

1  Thank Brittanyallover
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The food at the Lake Zurich Hackney's is the same great food served at their other locations. Basically you come for the burgers and the fired onion loaf but their daily specials and other menu items are very good too. They pour a stiff mixed drink. Friendly staff.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had lunch with family today and our service was very good and all the meals (11) came out correct, at the same time and all was good. Not rushed out, allowed to visit after our meal. Turkey burger my husband ordered was very good and my strawberry spinach salad was extra good. We will return for sure.

1  Thank Sharon B