Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington
$46
$79
Courtyard
$115
River Inn(Fox River Grove)
$75
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heights(Arlington Heights)(Great Value!)
$55
All reviewsfront deskhi expressstrip mallour home away from homeplace to stayvisit familypast few yearshotel breakfastclean roomsworked fineparking lotfree breakfastnice breakfastthe manager's receptionthree nightswedding partymunich
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Our stay here started out poorly from the start. When I first called to reserve a room the gentleman that answered the phone stated that he was too busy to book my room at the moment and asked if he could call me back later. Already I could tell customer service was lacking. I waited a few hours for a return call and received nothing, so I had to call back to finally get my room reserved. The fun continued when it came time to check in and we were given a room that was clearly not ready for us( sheets on the floor, ironing board still out) the manager on site was helpful in getting us a new room quickly, however this room could have used some love by the cleaning staff. I'm not one to complain about hotel rooms but this one deserved it. There were multiple spider webs with spiders through the room, the bathroom door had one of its hinges not even attached so we had to fight the door every time we needed to use the bathroom. These are both issues that you think the cleaning staff would notice if they were taking the time in each room. During our two night stay we had to visit the front desk multiple times to have our keys deactivated and each time they noticed they were only set up for one night even though the reservation was for 2 nights, you'd think after the 2nd trip down in the day they could have fixed it. Breakfast was decent and was everything you'd expect from a hotel breakfast. Overall it was a place to sleep, however probably not a place I would sleep again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Nev_3, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Good Morning,

I really do appreciate you taking your time to let us know how we are doing. However, I am troubled by the obstacles that were apparent in your stay. Here at the Holiday Inn Express, I truly do believe that customer service should be our number one priority and that we should strive to go above and beyond our guest’s requests to ensure their satisfaction with their stay. I am very sorry to hear about your stay and wish that more of these issues were brought to my attention. I will spend no time delaying immediate action until I am sure that these issues are resolved. Unfortunately, I am remorseful that these issues were not dealt with properly during your stay. I do hope that you will give our hotel a second chance and am positive that you will leave satisfied. Again, thank you for your feedback and I am very sorry about your stay.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had another work trip in the area and quickly knew where I wanted to stay. The cleanliness of the rooms have stayed in very high regard. The staff are as friendly and helpful as the last times I've stayed. I had a room away from the elevators and slept even better with the newer firmer pillows.
Only complaint would be the design of the parking lot. Oh and since I was here for business again I didn't have time to use the pancake machine.

Room Tip: For the light sleepers choose a room with a window facing the back of the hotel and away from the elevators. If you like the convenience of being near the elevator then the top third floor is most comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Franz C
Hanan H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Hi Franz,

First, thank you for taking time out of your day to write us a review. We are glad you enjoyed your room and I will definitely let my housekeeping staff and front desk staff of the great job they are doing. I'm sorry you didn't get to use the pancake machine, I do hope you have time to next time. We look forward to it.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our family needed a place to stay during some home remodeling. We were at the Holiday Inn for four days. The location was ideal for quick access to many restaurants and shopping. We couldn't have been happier with our experience. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was very good and convenient for our busy lives. Shout out to Tim, Michelle, and Matt who were very helpful and friendly. Bonus we didn't have to board our small dog as this location is pet-friendly.

Room Tip: We need space so we were in a suite with two double beds. It was perfect four our family of four.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mom2Three60010

Good evening,

We really do appreciate you taking your time to write us a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Your kind words mean a lot to us. I know Tim, Michelle, and Matt will all be thrilled when I let them know of your shout out. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

This was my first experience with this property and look forward to future stays. Staff are very friendly, approachable and attentive - proactively want to ensure you are comfortable and have everything you need. Very convenient location - close to shopping, restaurants. Rooms are bright, clean and most importantly quiet!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Hi Deb,

We take pride in having friendly staff and your review has thrilled us. We appreciate your kind comments and your noticing that we strive to be as attentive to our guests' needs as we can.

Overall, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and certainly look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We usually feel that the Holiday Inn Express properties are priced a little bit high for what we're getting, but we felt this location was both reasonably priced & a very pleasant place to stay. It's set back from the road probably 500', so it's easy to drive right by, but that helps make it a quieter than it might otherwise be. Beds were comfortable, staff was pleasant & we'd gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank catt4
Nev_3, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Good afteroon,

Thank you for your taking the time to write about your experience with us. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your visit and will be joining us again soon.

We look forward to your next visit.

Hanan Hafez