“Authentic Mexican food at the right price”
Review of Tacos El Norte

Tacos El Norte
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 21, 2009

I used to live in Lake in the Hills and ate here frequently. The food is authentic Mexican, made with fresh ingredients and the price is just right. I've since moved out of the area and found another Tacos El Norte on Rand Rd just south of Dundee Rd in Palatine. I still stop by the Lake in the Hills restaurant whenever I visit the area. I found out El Norte has several locations and each location is owned and operated by a family member. The Palatine location has a liquor license and the food is very good but I really prefer the Lake in the Hills location.

Reviewed March 26, 2008

We've lived in Algonquin a long time and this is our most frequented restaurant for good, cheap Mexican eats. They do not serve liquor, so if you're wanting a margarita- this is not the place... but if you simply want GOOD food, served fast and for the right price- Tacos El Norte will take care of you.
Just about one third the size of their namesake restaurant on Grand Avenue in Waukegan, the food is every bit as good. The service is always friendly and efficient. We recommend the fajitas, burritos and enchiladas. They serve complimentary warm chips with homemade salsas, make sure to request a side of guacamole- its good.
They do a lot of takeout business here, also. Call in your order, they'll have it ready and waiting for you.

2  Thank BearsFans