Tripadvisor
Lake Forest
All reviews parking lot side road noise great hotel hilton garden light sleeper restaurant staff the entire staff convenient location business traveler rooms are clean business center would stay here again business trip highway side front desk staff great lakes pool and hot tub
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Great stay. Clean facilities and modern. Used the Hilton app to book it, check in, digital key, and checkout. This made the whole trip very easy. Although it was bitter cold and made the digital key slower to access that a normal key, I like the ease of the Hilton app.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
General M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

We work to provide our guests with an excellent experience, and I’m happy to see we were able to achieve this for you. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope you will continue to use our facility whenever you are in the area.

Reviewed December 21, 2019

The staff at this hotel was absolutely amazing. They were helpful many times going out of their way to make sure guests were satisfied. The front desk, housekeeping and bar personnel were the best. Definitely would stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2019
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
General M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2019

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. It is always nice to read that our guests enjoyed their time with us and that the service exceeded expectations. The team and I take great pride in our hotel service and I will be sure to share your review with them.

Reviewed December 19, 2019

New motion sensing temperature room controllers. Every time you leave the room it gets cold and you have to wait for it to warm up totally unacceptable. Unbelievable poor judgment to try to save a few pennies and Make your guests uncomfortable during the day. At night the system does not apparently since motion and operates OK., Just don’t go out to dinner and come back and expect a warm room

Reviewed December 6, 2019

Never stayed at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Michael at the front desk was very professional and informative about the details of my stay. As a Diamond member, he provided an upgrade to a suite which is always appreciated (especially when I didn't even have to ask). This should be a standard!
The lobby, room, hallways were all very clean and tidy. The fitness area is quite large and well appointed with modern equipment. The breakfast in the morning was quick and tasted very good. All the staff that I encountered were very friendly. I would stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2019

Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback. We appreciate the great review. Positive feedback empowers us. Our staff takes great pride in what they do and I will share this great feedback with them. We are esteemed you had a pleasant stay. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 3, 2019

Nice clean hotel. Staff is friendly. I was on the side facing the tollway and the noise is unbearable. Trucks going nonstop all night even my white-noise app couldn’t drown them out. I’m not sure what could be changed but now I’m exhausted for a day of meetings.

Trip type: Traveled on business