Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Deer Path Inn(Lake Forest)
$319
ExtendedStay
$127
$110
Travelocity
All reviewsroad noiseparking lot sidegreat hotelhilton gardenlight sleeperrestaurant staffconvenient locationbusiness hotelnaval basethe entire staffrooms are cleanwould stay here againnaval graduationhighway sidestaff was friendlybusiness tripgreat lakes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed an excellent all-around experience at this hotel. Everything was excellent. Couldn't be more satisfied. A great value too! We were appreciative of the personable and professional staff from the front desk to the housekeepers and food service personnel. Our room was very clean and pleasant and we used several of the amenities including laundry room, pool and spa, business office, breakfast and convenience store...all first class.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful comments. We're very happy to hear your stay was excellent in all areas. It's always particularly gratifying to read such kind words about great service being provided by our team. On top of that you found the entire property exceptionally clean and that all was provided at a great value. We're thrilled you enjoyed your entire experience and we hope you'll plan to stay with us again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Having just stayed here over the Thanksgiving weekend, I have to say I will definitely stay here again should I find myself in the area. This is my first time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn and I was quite impressed. The hotel shares the property with the Marriott Residence Inn and is a step away from the tollway.
Upon walking into the hotel, I was immediately impressed with the modern touch, the cleanliness and the free hot and/or cold beverages available all day. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful.
Now a couple of negative remarks which should be considered. 1) we were unaware that the beds had a dial hidden under the bottom sheet (untl the 2nd day of our stay) which allows the mattress to be calibrated from soft to firm. Although there is a sign at the desk, we were unaware of it until I happened upon it. I feel the front desk staff should advise guests of this feature upon check-in. 2) I had to make some calls and rather than use my cellphone, I used the hotel phone in the room. When I got my folio, it showed a .75 c per call svc charge. On the information card next to the phone it shows free acess, thus I talked to the clerk at the front desk and he removed the charges. The phone cards in the hotel need to be replaced showing this service charge. It is also very close to restaurants and a major shopping center.
Finally, I can say I would rate this hotel 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

First thank you for choosing to stay with us over Thanksgiving. We appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel and for doing so in such a timely manner. Overall it sounds like you enjoyed a great experience and we're grateful you'll plan to return. Regarding your constructive comments...first, you can be sure that we will review our checkin protocol and in-room signage to make it as clear as possible that the beds are completely adjustable. Finally, in regards to the charge for a local call, thanks to you this has now been corrected. It proved to be a simple matter of having our phone vendor update what the system considers to be a "local" call. Thanks again for your kind words and feedback. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stay at HGI Mettewa weekly. The staff is the most accomodating, professional staff I've encountered in the Hilton chain. The rooms are comfortable but it's the staff that makes the difference. Ask for a room on the parking lot side, the highway is noisy.

Ms. S,
It's so nice of you to take the time to review the hotel. Your kind words are very much appreciated. I know you are one of our favorites as well. Thanks for choosing us to be your home away from home every week. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The entire team at this hotel is committed to creating a great customer experience. The hotel is always clean, comfortable and they just did a fun upgrade to the lobby and restaurant areas. You won't regret the decision to stay here!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Kathryn,
Thank you for sharing such kind words and for your incredible loyalty to the hotel. I speak for the entire team when I say that guests like yourself, who deeply appreciate our effort and commitment, make working in a challenging industry an absolute pleasure. We appreciate your continued business and please remember you'll always have a home away from home at the HGI Lake Forest/Mettawa!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked with this Inn due to the location for a recent business trip to Lake Forest. I was not disappointed with any of the accommodations or service provided! The employees were all friendly and the cleanliness of the entire facility was very notable. The Inn has a wonderful full menu restaurant, well worth a visit. The pricing wasn't outrageous and the food quite good, I enjoyed both dinner and breakfast at the facility. Truthfully, I can't think of a negative thing to say about any portion of my experience at the Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

What a wonderful review and such kind words, thank you for sharing them. As we say, "Clean and Friendly" is our mission and it's always wonderful to read those very same words in such a positive review. It's great to hear you enjoyed the restaurant and that you were able to experience several great meals there. We're excited about our new Garden Grille & Bar and we appreciate you sharing your experience. Thanks for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest/Mettawa, please come back and see us again when business next brings you to the area.