“Excellent Special - Nice Atmosphere”
Review of Grille 43

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grille 43
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 43 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 34 Restaurants in Lake Bluff
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rockland Rd.
Chicago, IL Suburbs
“Excellent Special - Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I eat at here occasionally. We like the ambiance and small size of the dining room. They have a nice selection of wines and the service has always been very good no matter what day of the week we have visited.

The parking lot is very small so on busy nights you must valet park, which is complimentary.

Some nights during the week the food is good but not great. But on a busy weekend night the food and speicals tend to be excellent. We ate there Friday night and I enjoyed the Halibut special which was served over black rice with brussel sprouts and tomatoes with a glaze. It was hot and awesome.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank becandl

Chicago, Illinois
“Food is average.. wait is even worse”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This place is small... loud... and the steak was not well prepared. I had high expectations as I thought this steak house would beat the surrounding competition. However, I had a very mediocre experience here and it was pricey for what you get. I ordered the filet (generally my fav. type of steak).

Visited June 2012
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Great Neighborhood Place”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We eat lunch there (girls lunch) once a month and dinner every few weeks. The mango martinis are great and the calamari with the banana peppers an interesting treat of an appetizer. (sometimes I order this for lunch).
Love the wedge salad done with Romaine instead of Iceberg. It is a bit noisy, but so are many places these days so it doesn't really bother me. I've never been disappointed with any entree including a flatbread pizza for lunch. Soups are also good and love the home made desserts. I think the prices are good for the area.

• Visited December 2012
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Pretty good food”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Food is pretty good, in particular I like their salads. It is higher end than a chain restaurant and a bit more expensive but I find it worth spending a couple more buck for a better class of food and service.

Visited October 2012
Ridgway, Colorado
“Exceedingly average”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I had dinner here last ight and I was not impressed. The menu is uninspired, but one of the specials sounded pretty good, so I ordered it. It was a filet mignon on top of mashed potatoes with a foie gras ravioli in a red wine mushroom sauce. Every aspect of the dish disappointed. The filet (ordered medium rare) had no "crust" almost like it was cooked on a too cool grill, and was best described as spongy. The mashed potatoes provided texture, but very little flavor. The ravioli had way too high a dough to filling ratio, and the sauce had no depth, almost as if it had no stock in it. Served with this was the ubiquitous bad medly of steamed vegetables. I wanted to like this place, but will not return.

• Visited July 2012