“Overpriced”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Grille 43
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 43 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 34 Restaurants in Lake Bluff
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rockland Rd.
Lake Bluff, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Service ok. Food mediocre at best. Value not good.

Visited October 2011

Lincolnshire
“Nice decor, good food, good price”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We had a small group go early on a Saturday night to this IDine Restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The restaraunt is not large but is nicely laid out and the menu has some original American Food choices. Our artchoke dip appetizer was devoured and my blackened sea bass special of the night was tender and tasty. The folks eating salmon enjoyed the meal and two of the people having salads for dinner couldn't finish. A nice bottle of wine recommended by our server and it was a delightful meal.

• Visited March 2012
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
“A change of pace”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The menu is sizeable and the offerings good. Great bar/wine-beer list, and good service.

mn
“Bring your ear plugs!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Dined here on a Saturday night. We were pleased to be seated immediately, even though we had no reservation. The first thing that struck me about the dining experience was the NOISE!! Tables so close together that we were forced to listen to no fewer than three conversations at once. And those dining around us were literally shouting to each other...most likely to be heard. Our waiter was hoarse, no doubt from trying to be heard above the ruckus. I ordered a Bloody Mary, which tasted like it was the cheap premix stuff, however my husband was happy with his wine selection. We both agreed that the salads were delightful. My husband ordered the duck, which he said was quite good. I, on the other hand, ordered the lobster and seafood ravioli, which I found disappointing. The pasta portion of the dish was overcooked, and not well drained, so the dish was more soupy than sauce. It was topped with unidentifiable curly overcooked seafood...possibly shrimp? I think a seafood dish should have a delicate flavor, but this was virtually flavorless. For dessert, we ordered the Creme' Brulee, which came with a beautiful crust, but the custard was underdone, and not set in the center. At this price point, I would expect a better atmosphere, and food that lived up to it's gourmet description. Admittedly, my husband's meal was acceptable, but 50% satisfaction is still sub-par. Our waiter was very efficient, and I felt sorry for him having to shout at everyone to be heard!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank kateymeow
Netherlands
“Great fish, good service”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Their starters are really good especially the fish like calmari and shrimps. Maij course , grilled fish is excellent (we had sea bass) although they do good mest diagram also.
Service is good.