“Generous flights, delicious grub”
Review of Social Kitchen

Social Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in LaSalle
Description: Gastropub
Description: Gastropub
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A friend and I found Social Kitchen on a recommendation from our hotel in Peru, IL.
After a day of exhausted driving during an ice storm, we were ready for some warm food and warm drinks.

My friend and I ordered a wine flight to share which came with five large pours of wine, which was more than enough for this lightweight fighter.

We ordered the BBQ April Bruschetta and Five Star Salmon. We both loved our meals and they were definitely filling.

Tip: wine flights are on sale Monday nights for $9.

Would highly recommend, cute waitstaff and cozy atmosphere make this a for sure return!

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 24, 2019

visit again for Sunday brunch. Noticed the guys were not in the kitchen and lots of chatting and cell phones by the two female cooks...ok...it's sunday...bloody Mary was not as usual but that was ok too. We come here for the grits...world class grits...always get a side no matter what we order....hmmmmm.....dry, tasteless, just cornmeal and boiled water...waited explained the kitchen had to make them "on the fly" for us...well....shouldn't have served them at all. Still on the bill at the end...with all the laughing and carrying on in the kitchen looked to me as they would have plenty of time for proper prep....Good waitstaff, bartender. my egg dish was cold, my husband's salad was great...it's a shame...we will try again but not for a while. Almost seemed as though they were under new management.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

This is the third time I've eaten here and by far the best. I had the steak elotes which was delicious. The service was friendly and fast.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I have enjoyed every meal I’ve ever had at Social Kitchen. The food is interesting and tasty. The service is friendly.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 6, 2018

we had the poutine and it was delicious with such a big and hearty portion that myself and my son had leftovers for the next day-- just from that single plate. they've got this place with really, really nice urban type of décor and feel, eating out of metal pail types of receptacles. want to come back and try more here. you can tell there's a "cheffy" type of vibe here but at the same time the place is nice and cozy and comfy.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Social Kitchen? Share your experiences!