“Charming with a hood variety of fresh menu items.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Uptown Grill

Uptown Grill
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in LaSalle
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In 1985 we dedicated our menu to the same polished casual feel of our atmosphere. We want you to feel comfortable ordering our great half pound burger on a busy Saturday night, a 4 course meal mid-afternoon or just stopping by for dessert after the show. Our menu contains a multitude of healthy items. We build all our soups, sauces, and dressings from scratch. You will never find frozen or canned vegetables. We do not buy any pre-breaded and frozen products. Every thing is prepared by hand to order. Our salads are available in a multitude of bases with an incredible choice of toppings. Our steaks are cut and aged in house. We buy fresh seafood and carry a unique oyster variety. Our chicken is fresh not frozen. We carry a full line of artisanal cheeses and imported charcuterie. Right down to great homemade desserts, cookies, and cakes. Even in our banquet room every order is cooked and plated to order. Bottom line we do not take any short cuts. Over the years our menu expanded to a variety that is great fit for any occasion. The one complaint we get is that there are too many choices on our menu. Our loyal customers are very reluctant to let us retire most menu items. Each day you will find over a dozen special items depending upon the season and the variety available at the markets.
“Charming with a hood variety of fresh menu items.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

It was an unexpected find but I am glad we stumbled upon it. The menu had a nice mix and I was happy to find some great vegetarian options! I had a portobello sandwich and it was great! It seems like something you might find in a larger city but the food was great!

• Visited May 2013

“This place is awful.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Uptown is completely overrated. The entire establishment reeks of mildew and urine; the bathrooms are creepy and outdated. The service is awful- Dirty played never cleared, empty cocktails and water glasses, which the server never attempted to refill or offer another of. The food at our table ranged from overlooked to way undercooked, nothing appeared to be fresh, rather frozen and reheated. If you're looking for more upscale and reasonably prices dining, visit Brandys instead. Uptown=letdown in every aspect of dining experience.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank Mbrady978
Chicago, Illinois
“A Gem outside of the Big City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We went to Starved Rock area for the weekend and found a copy of their menu at the B & B we were staying at. We weren't expecting a restaurant this nice, but it's a classy looking place, with terrific service and very good food. My grilled white fish was moist and very tasty and my wife had a real Ceaser salad with moist, tender chicken. The wine list was nicely priced and we had a terrific Pinot Noir for $39. One comment though: the restaurant needs to be a bit more careful with the wine, as the bottle was warm to the touch. Server took it back, cooled it off and brought it back in a cooler.

If you're in the area and looking for a gem of a restaurant, you won't do better than Uptown Grill.

• Visited July 2013
midwest
“Good food but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a party of ten for Father's Day. It wasn't overly crowded so busy shouldn't have been an issue.The food was good but of the ten, two meals had entrees raw in the middle(pork chop) with almost raw bacon wrapped around the chop. The service was ok but here's the kicker. It was close to a $200.00 bill. We paid $2.75 for one coffee and when we asked for a" to go cup" for just that one cup with no refills we were charged an additional $3.00 for the styrofoam cup!!!! The manager said that was the owner's policy and there was nothing he could do. That's $5.75 for one cup of coffee!!! Needless to say that $3.00 cost the owner quite a bit since we will not return again. Too bad because after reading reviews we had normal expectations for a good experience.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank whoa3050
Ryan A, Manager at Uptown Grill, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I do want to apologize for the misunderstanding of the to-go coffee. It is the restaurant's policy that if a customer wants a beverage to-go, that they are charged for it. However, if the beverage to-go was not refilled there should not be a charge. I completely misunderstood and for that I do apologize. We do respect and appreciate your business. We certainly hope that in the future, you are willing to give us another chance so we can make things right. Thank you for reviewing our business.

Ryan Anderes
Uptown Grill
Deer Creek, IL
“I was just expecting lunch...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was on a weekend trip with my family to Starved Rock and we stopped into the Uptown Grill for lunch. I can't express how pleasantly surprised I was by this restaurant! The atmosphere is upscale without being the slightest bit stuffy, and the décor and colors just seemed to fit. The staff were both friendly and attentive without making us feel like they were hovering - a very delicate balance, but one they did well. When our food came, everyone in the family was pleased with the meal. I ordered the tenderloin expecting a run of the mill tenderloin. Instead I can easily say it was one of if not the best that I've had! It made me wish I had ordered the marinated ribeye... next time! I highly recommend checking this place out the next time you're in La Salle!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dexter L

Been to Uptown Grill? Share your experiences!