Starved Rock Family Fun - CLOSED

Reviewed July 7, 2016
Jaossola
LaSalle, Illinois
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

For the most part I loved it the walks up the trails they're beautiful the wildlife is beautifully set, but if you want to stay they're go in figure you better check into your bank because you're going to need a Blue Chip too afford it!

6  Thank Richard S
Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

Do I really need to say anything else? Shuffleboard. Shuffleboard. Shuffleboard. Five stars clean polite blah blah blah shuffleboard.

1  Thank Jaossola
Reviewed October 23, 2015 via mobile

Starved Rock has everything for everyone no matter your activity level. You can walk the simple paths to the difficult paths. The lodge has great burgers after your hike!!

Reviewed July 3, 2015

You can not do better in Illinois for being outside enjoying nature than this. Trails to many waterfalls and creeks all along the river. Excellent hotel in the park to stay, see special exhibits during the year (Animals of Prey - Birds) and good food. In the winter climbers go up the frozen waterfalls.

Reviewed June 30, 2015

This is a great park with great caverns and walking paths. They have a nice restaurant and gift shop.

Reviewed January 6, 2015

My little one (8) went to a birthday party here and had a great time. I didn't stick around, but my husband stayed and hit golf balls with our son. They had the time of their life and go there about twice a week when the weather is nice. They love it!

Reviewed October 22, 2014

Very large state park! Gift store, nature interpretation, fishing, boat rides, hiking trails, lovely lodge where rooms are available as well as timely festivals. Look for the EAGLES WEEKEND, end of January! Prices at Lodge restaurant very reasonable, and food was good quality.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

It was my first time there. I thought there would be more to do there with my two nieces. Plus, a storm just went threw and a lot of the trails were close. Then it was Friday so they did not have any trollies or boat rides running. If I were to go back I would play a whole day there,. It's more like a park. I would have done a picnic after rent a canoe for the day.....

1  Thank Angela G
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This old a large lodge is a real destination - mostly during predictable weather. We have visited and stayed there during Christmas holidays in years past but since we are not in the area at that time anymore, we now have to visit in the summertime when it is far more crowded but still a worthy destination. Hiking is fun and safe, if you follow the rules, and the sights are lovely from the upper levels. There is plenty to do outdoors (altho a bad storm had just taken down some large trees last week) and the lodge is a lovely place to sit or to dine or to stay

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice time. The staff is very friendly and the facility's are clean and in excellent condtion.