“Live their egg rolls”

Magic Wok
Ranked #52 of 68 Restaurants in La Grange
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

Their egg rolls are wonderful. A nice, clean restaurant that has been a Lagrange tradition for years.

Reviewed December 7, 2016

I don't know how they stay in business. I'll never return. Food is not too horrible, people are nice, but it's dirty, and bugs are seen crawling around. Yikes. Clean it up.

Reviewed September 18, 2016

We go to the Wok in La Grange, IL when we can get the family together. This afternoon we thought we would try the dinner for four. The dinner first came with appetizers, which is a dinner I itself, then the meal for servings for four. You get complimentary Egg Rolls, tea, and at the end of the meal fortune cookies.

It is so good. As I write this my mouth is watering for more. The portions are large enough to bring home and have a meal for 1 possibly two days. Food is very tasty and comes nice and hot. The service is very attentive but not so where it becomes a bother. We did have to wait for a few minutes to be seated as it was busy for a late afternoon Sunday dinner. The owners are friendly and if you are a regular customer they remember your name and ask how you been! Now the last time we all stopped in was at beginning of summer and we were remembered!

Back to the meal. Very good, very tasty. I had a cocktail for the first time there. You know what, better than I would get at a regular bar!

Prices are very reasonable and affordable, especially for a family of four.

In La Grange, stop by and check the Magic Wok. On Harris 1/2 block West of La Grange Road. Well worth your time and eating pleasure.

They are open Monday, Wednesdy thru Friday 11:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sat and Sunday from noon to 9 p.m. Closed Tuesday.

Reviewed September 14, 2016

I wanted an authentic Chinese meal and I did not get it here. The place is old, outdated and unclean. The service was subpar and the food was not good. I went with four hungry teenage boys and none of them enjoyed their food. We didn't take the leftovers. Sadly, this place seems to cater to people who are useto eating inauthentic Chinese food. Maybe they have lots of take-out business because the dining room was empty.

Reviewed May 16, 2016

An unpleasant dining room.
Very American "chinese food".
My friend who took us there told me not to write anything bad about this place.
Enough written.
Very disappointing for lovers of Chinese food.