“La Grange Theater - meh!”
Review of La Grange Theatre

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Grange Theatre
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in La Grange
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were here last night to see "Silver Linings Playbook" which was being shown in Theater 2. I was looking for an old time theater whose grandiose environment would take me back to my childhood days. Little did I know that this "old timer" was "modernized" into four smaller theaters. (I guess some owners believe they need to offer more than one show at a time.) The new seats were some of the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in, with the viewing angle going UP to see the screen (the opposite of stadium seating)! Lots of "noise bleed" from adjoining theaters. How sad! It's possible that the larger mini-theater is more like the original design. On the plus side, the lobby and bathrooms were clean, the staff very attentive and they left some of the original ceiling open for viewing. Now if they had just refurbished the original theater back to its original condition. The La Grange downtown area offers easy parking, fun people watching and a good selection of restaurants.

If you're looking for that old time theater nostalgia, I'd suggest visiting the Tivoli in Downers Grove.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"neighborhood"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I took my new girlfriend to the LaGrange Theater in December, 1963. This was our first date. We saw some war movie........not sure which one or what it was about though, as her kisses were very sweet ! As I recall, the theater was clean and had great popcorn. The 15 year old girl and I recently celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary together. GREAT MEMORIES of this place !!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is like the movie theatre that I remember in my childhood with prices to match! Lagrange has great restaurants within walking distance.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a bargain. Go there and go back often. Clean friendly and a great value. The town offers so much to do...just walk around or get some ice cream, shop at the various little shops. I love LA GRANGE.