“First time eating Indian, great experience”
Review of Kama Bistro

Kama Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Kama Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in La Grange
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: La Grange / US 20
Transit: BNSF metra.
Description: Kama Bistro is named after the Indian cupid, the god of love and passion, symbolizing the aesthetic pleasure of the senses. Indulge your senses and experience the passion Kama brings to its food and service. This is not your ordinary Indian food. Kama Bistro’s menu puts an emphasis on fresh, high quality ingredients. Freshly ground spices go into sauces made from scratch every day. Homemade paneer (cottage cheese), all-natural chicken and prime domestic lamb make for superior protein. Everything is prepared to order to ensure its quality. The menu is rounded out with innovative cocktails, diverse wine and a select microbrew list to accompany your food. The martinis, including mango, cinnamon pleasure, pineapple and cucumber chili, are always made from fresh fruit purees and homemade syrups, all-natural and a perfect balance to spicy food.
La Grange, Illinois
“First time eating Indian, great experience”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Being a newbie Indian food eater, I was clueless as to what to order. Our waitress Ally was very knowledgeable and helpful with the menu. I told her what I liked and didn't like and suggested dishes for me. Wow! I ordered the lamb samosas and lamb vindaloo extra spicy. So delicious! Also had the lamb tacos, just fabulous. I ordered the Moroccan tea which was so good and warmed us up on our visit which was a very cold day. I would definitely go back and try all the dishes that my friends suggested. Oh, dessert? Amazing.

• Visited January 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Best Indian Food in Chicago”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I am an Indian and I have been around the Indian food scene in Chicago, Its suburbs, NYC, San Francisco and many more cities. I think Kama is best in Chicago and one of the best among Top NYC Indian restaurants.

I always yearned for an Indian Restaurant which not only elevates the traditional Indian dishes but also does something out of the box unique by fusing non indian dishes with Indian spices and thtas where Kama shines. They do a splendid job in fusing American dishes with Indian spices as well as making traditional dishes very sumptuous. Secret of their Success is passion of their owners, Vikram and Agnes.

We made a Trip from Downtown to La Grange on the request a friend to try Kama, which was recently awarded Bib Gourmand. We are very glad that we made the trip.

For appetizers, we had Beef Tacos (my Fav) and Chicken Chilly. Both were great. For Entrees, we had Sea Bass , Lamb Masala , Dal Makhani and Amritsari Kulcha. Everything was delicious. I usually don't like Lamb. Being brought up on eating Goat, makes me feel Lamb being Gamey and tough. This is the 2nd place which makes absolutely tender and succulent lamb (First one is Amber India in San Jose).

Owners spent quite a bit of time with us talking about the restaurant, dishes and their future plans (Downtown??). Whether you are looking for a great Indian Food with twist or yummy traditional Indian curries, Kama exceeds expectation in both areas and is highly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank BigMak99
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Indian food”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The food is very very good, and some dishes are unique. Great vegetarian options. Service can be spotty sometimes though.

Visited June 2013
Chicago suburb
“Superb!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We tried Kama Bistro on a whim. Service was fantastic, food was amazing!! The lamb samosas and the chili potatoes were so delicious as appetizers. The basmati rice was great. We tried a tandoor chicken platter as well as lamb tikki masala. Fantastic! The naan was great, we weren't thrilled with the roti bread- it was drizzed with oil, which we didn't like. Too full for dessert!

We aren't connoisseurs of Indian foid and had a 9 year old with us. The waiter was great with suggestions and we loved it all! Will definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Friendly reception, attentive staff, flavorful food”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Kama is set in a nice little village of restaurants, art galleries and boutique shops. The greeters and waitstaff were welcoming. Ordered samosas, popadam, yellow dal, and Mahi Mahi tandoor fish. Two large samosas with fresh potato and pea stuffing, yellow dal perfectly seasoned for me (asked for a bit more than medium heat) and the fish was perfectly cooked and seasoned. Generous portions of all. Take away was in sturdy containers and have enjoyed two more meals since then.

• Visited March 2013