“Best Indian Food in Chicago”
Review of Kama Bistro

Kama Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Kama Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 66 Restaurants in La Grange
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: La Grange / US 20
Transit: BNSF metra.
Description: Kama Bistro is named after the Indian cupid, the god of love and passion, symbolizing the aesthetic pleasure of the senses. Indulge your senses and experience the passion Kama brings to its food and service. This is not your ordinary Indian food. Kama Bistro’s menu puts an emphasis on fresh, high quality ingredients. Freshly ground spices go into sauces made from scratch every day. Homemade paneer (cottage cheese), all-natural chicken and prime domestic lamb make for superior protein. Everything is prepared to order to ensure its quality. The menu is rounded out with innovative cocktails, diverse wine and a select microbrew list to accompany your food. The martinis, including mango, cinnamon pleasure, pineapple and cucumber chili, are always made from fresh fruit purees and homemade syrups, all-natural and a perfect balance to spicy food.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I am an Indian and I have been around the Indian food scene in Chicago, Its suburbs, NYC, San Francisco and many more cities. I think Kama is best in Chicago and one of the best among Top NYC Indian restaurants.

I always yearned for an Indian Restaurant which not only elevates the traditional Indian dishes but also does something out of the box unique by fusing non indian dishes with Indian spices and thtas where Kama shines. They do a splendid job in fusing American dishes with Indian spices as well as making traditional dishes very sumptuous. Secret of their Success is passion of their owners, Vikram and Agnes.

We made a Trip from Downtown to La Grange on the request a friend to try Kama, which was recently awarded Bib Gourmand. We are very glad that we made the trip.

For appetizers, we had Beef Tacos (my Fav) and Chicken Chilly. Both were great. For Entrees, we had Sea Bass , Lamb Masala , Dal Makhani and Amritsari Kulcha. Everything was delicious. I usually don't like Lamb. Being brought up on eating Goat, makes me feel Lamb being Gamey and tough. This is the 2nd place which makes absolutely tender and succulent lamb (First one is Amber India in San Jose).

Owners spent quite a bit of time with us talking about the restaurant, dishes and their future plans (Downtown??). Whether you are looking for a great Indian Food with twist or yummy traditional Indian curries, Kama exceeds expectation in both areas and is highly recommended.

1  Thank BigMak99

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The food is very very good, and some dishes are unique. Great vegetarian options. Service can be spotty sometimes though.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We tried Kama Bistro on a whim. Service was fantastic, food was amazing!! The lamb samosas and the chili potatoes were so delicious as appetizers. The basmati rice was great. We tried a tandoor chicken platter as well as lamb tikki masala. Fantastic! The naan was great, we weren't thrilled with the roti bread- it was drizzed with oil, which we didn't like. Too full for dessert!

We aren't connoisseurs of Indian foid and had a 9 year old with us. The waiter was great with suggestions and we loved it all! Will definitely return.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Kama is set in a nice little village of restaurants, art galleries and boutique shops. The greeters and waitstaff were welcoming. Ordered samosas, popadam, yellow dal, and Mahi Mahi tandoor fish. Two large samosas with fresh potato and pea stuffing, yellow dal perfectly seasoned for me (asked for a bit more than medium heat) and the fish was perfectly cooked and seasoned. Generous portions of all. Take away was in sturdy containers and have enjoyed two more meals since then.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Kama Bistro serves fantastic Indian food with some minor French fusion elements. My wife and I have had Indian/Pakistani food in India, London, various places stateside...and of course fare cooked by my wife's family, who hail from India and Pakistan. Kama stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the best meals we've had in each of those places (even those cooked by my wife's mother--sorry Salma!).

We started with the sweet potato chat and the shorba soup, both of which were excellent. The chat was fried and seasoned perfectly...think spicy, sort of sweet, crunchy potato. My wife had the paneer saag (spinach curry) and I had the achari masala (pickled curry chicken)...both were very good. We asked for the entrees to be "regular spicy" and were impressed that they actually made the food appropriately spicy...this isn't watered down Indian food.

We also got the wine flight (three full glasses of wine for $12), Zombie beer (excellent light beer with some fruit tones), and the mango dessert. All of the food was great, and we had a Yelp discount coupon as well. Even without the discount, it was worth every penny.