“Big Disappointment”
Review of Prasino

Prasino
Reserve with OpenTable
Prasino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in La Grange
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: La Grange Road and Cossitt Avenue
Description: prasino means "green" in Greek. So, it is only natural that every choice we make, from our food to our restaurant design to our kitchen facilities, reflects our respect for a sustainable environment. Our priority is serving hormone/anti-biotic free meats, sustainable seafood, organic produce and eggs. Every effort is made to buy locally whenever possible, but we have also sought out exceptional ingredients from around the country from like-minded vendors. We are proud to present our Contemporary American menu in a refreshing, comfortable atmosphere that celebrates the love of good food, good conversation and friendship.
Reviewed June 4, 2018

I ordered the Southwest Salad with chicken. Whatever minute amounts of chicken were in the salad, were of very poor quality, very pasty, stringy and overcooked. My wife had the Greek Chicken, and was very disappointed. The chicken portion was not even fit for a child, mostly a dried up chicken leg and two wings with melted potato wedges.Of the ten people in the group, one was happy with his hamburger.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich but it was more like a chicken salad sandwich. I tried telling them they had given me the wrong sandwich, but they said no and they were not willing to accommodate me. Food is pricey for what you get.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

I was on the look out for a fine dining and organic restaurants I found this one and it is a gem. The staff is friendly and the menu has various options for Vegans and Vegetarians,
I will certainly go there again

Reviewed May 13, 2018

Came to Prasino because it was recommended by a friend who lives in the area. My wife and I got there and waited 10 minutes for a table. We were seated on one of the outside tables. Our server, Alice K, greeted us without even a smile and promptly asked for our order. She later brought our drinks and my drink must have spilled on the side because it left a streak on the glass and table and she promptly left before I can say something about it. I asked another server to clean up the small mess on the table which did not take that long for him to do. Next, she came back and got our orders and again without a smile on her face, took our entree orders, got our menus and left. We would like to complement our meals because they were good BUT our server NEVER came back to check on us to ask how our food was or to ask if we need anything else. She only came back after she saw that other servers have cleaned up our table and without skipping a beat, just put our check on the table saying, "Here you go!" My wife and I can't believe what is going on as we just looked at each other in disbelief. I was tempted NOT to leave a tip but that tip I gave was a lot less considering other people have helped us enjoy our meal.

1  Thank stdbypsngr76
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

When traveling to LaGrange for business, always try to get by Prasino’s for lunch sometime during the week. Always enjoy the food.