“Hearty Italian Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cossitt
Transit: A Metra BNSF train stop is located just 2 blocks north. CTA stops located throughout downtown Lagrange
Reviewed May 25, 2017

Sunday dinner with my son and his girlfriend. Restaurant was moderately busy but it's a good sized place allowing us to be seated before our reservation. Family friendly but still maintained a pleasant white tablecloth atmosphere.

Menu is has a nice variety of dishes to choose from and not just the standard spaghetti and meatball affair. We ordered calamari appetizer. Good start, well cooked, crispy without being too chewy. Red sauce add a nice flavor as I found the dish a bit bland without the sauce. My dinner partners liked it very well though and finished it off.

Two of us ordered a very flavorful ravioli stuffed with ricotta cheese. Pasta was well cooked . Cheese stuffing in each ravioli was ample providing a rich, creamy mouthful with every bite. The red sauce had a nice savory tomato flavor. I asked for it to be made spicy and it was, but seemed more like a pepper spice then say crushed red peppers.

My son ordered rigatoni with sausage with onions & peppers. A sizable portion that even he with his healthy appetite still had leftovers. The sausages were sliced in bite size pieces. Very nice flavor, not spicy but not sweet either.

All in all a restaurant providing a nice Italian meal at a reasonable price. Would go there again next time I visit!

1  Thank SamFa59

Reviewed May 25, 2017

My girlfriends and I meet for dinner at this restaurant twice a year. We ask for the round table in the back so we can talk and not disturb too many people.....:) The food is great and they will occasionally be able to made a dish that isn't on the menu. We order two desserts and share. They also have a small room for private parties. The wait staff are attentive and non-intrusive. We have been meeting here for at least four years and have never had a complaint.

1  Thank judyn44
Reviewed April 21, 2017

Interesting and full menu. There are lots of cheaper Italian places - Francesca's is a local chain which is consistently high quality, if not fine dining. Full and fancy bar. Lots of choices in the men, without being complicated, and they will accommodate special requests.

1  Thank jock b
Reviewed March 3, 2017

For a slightly special lunch or dinner, this is my choice. Really good appetizers (love the Carpaccio), great pastas, and a good wine selection. Service is always spot-on.

1  Thank kbk58
Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

We went on Christmas Eve and it was busy so service was slow. The food was very good - similar to other Francesca's I have been to in the Chicagoland area. Salmon was outstanding as was the Chicken breast dish. The pasta dishes were large and flavorful.

1  Thank Caymuscat