“Wife and I favorite restaurant”
Review of Steak + Vine

Steak + Vine
Reserve with OpenTable
Steak + Vine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in La Grange
Reviewed May 31, 2018

We have been going to Steak and Vine once a month since it opened. Food is very good and the owner Nick and his staff are very accommodating and friendly. My wife does not eat meat but there are still plenty of choices on the menu for her. (She loves the pasta, salmon and beet salad) I have had most of the items on the menu and all are good. If you do go make sure to order the bourbon ice cream for desert!

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Servers were friendly and attentive. Food was average. I had an omelet with cheddar and mushrooms, which was okay. The potatoes were very greasy and rather bland. A friend had the chilaquiles, which she said were kind of spicy, but pretty good. Another friend had the shrimp and grits. We were served a little app - bacon wrapped in pastry - which was not very good.

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

I went to Steak + Wine yesterday with my wife and son and we have both tried the Wagyu steak and were disappointed.

The impression I had is that the steak was sitting there for a while because it arrived over cooked and temperature was warm to cold. There was a lot of watery juices on the plate and the steak was not any close to the soft and delicious Wagyu I have tried in other restaurants.

To their credit, the appetizer was very good (baked cheese with bacon jam) and service was very friendly. Also great wine menu. A real pity they missed so bad on the entry which is the most important thing

2  Thank Luis Q
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

I was looking forward to a genuine USDA prime steak in the restaurant Mecca of LaGrange. We finally made it to Steak and Vine. Friendly efficient service and we were seated immediately without a reservation. Everything was fine...but... that was the toughest “prime” steak I ever had.

1  Thank jock b
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

From the minute we sat down we lucked out with our amazing server “Georgie”
Every recommendation was spot on...Shrimp Jonghe / Braised Short Ribs / 12 oz. NY strip down to the homemade apple pie accompanied by local ice cream
From “Tate’s”
Thank you Georgie, we will back!
Oh by the way the half price bottle of wine (Monday) has no influence on my review lol
Looking forward to trying even more items on the menu

nick g, Owner at Steak + Vine, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2018

Hi Athena,

Thanks so much for the rave reviews. We'll definitely let Georgie know she has another fan. Glad you discovered the best bargain in the western burbs. Monday night is half off bottles of wine priced under $90.

Nick